Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Spotify slows down the PC, CPU load issue

I cannot use Spotify honestly on my PC because it consumes far too much CPU power. When playing music the task managers shows a CPU load of more than 50%, but I still need my PC for working in parallel, taking that much ressources is not acceptable. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot use Spotify honestly on my PC because it consumes far too much CPU power. When playing music the task managers shows a CPU load of more than 50%, but I still need my PC for working in parall...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to check which playlist does the song belongs to?

In iTunes, there is a "Show in Playlist" option in which we can find out which playlist is the song in. Is there a way to do this in Spotify Desktop? Thanks in advance for all the help!

• Casual Listener
  • In iTunes, there is a "Show in Playlist" option in which we can find out which playlist is the song in.   Is there a way to do this in Spotify Desktop?   Thanks in advance for ...
  • eddyjs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing playlist with premium trial

Hi all ! I'm what you could call "new " to spotify, and I was wondering if you could sync your playlists to use them offline with a Spotify Premium Trail account. If yes, will the playlist stay synced (ie: refreshed every time you add a song or go on...

• Hi all !   I'm what you could call "new " to spotify, and I was wondering if you could sync your playlists to use them offline with a Spotify Premium Trail account. If yes, will the playlist...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossfade not working or am I doing it wrong?

I do not have gapless playback on when crossfade is activated, i have turned it off and restarted Spotify, i have tried changing the time to crossfade and it does not work either, i have tried all i know! It worked fine an hour ago! And now when i ad...

• Gig Goer
  • I do not have gapless playback on when crossfade is activated, i have turned it off and restarted Spotify, i have tried changing the time to crossfade and it does not work either, i have tried all i ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Want a lightweight Spotify player?

Try SpotiAmp. Based on the WinAmp interface, its very basic, but it will play from all your playlists. VERY low resource usage, both in terms of CPU and memory. No browsing of artists, but includes a search that can be used for artists or song/album ...

• Roadie
  • Try SpotiAmp.    Based on the WinAmp interface, its very basic, but it will play from all your playlists.  VERY low resource usage, both in terms of CPU and memory.  No browsi...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Related artists gone on Windows Desktop Application

Can see this has been reported for Andriod but want to make sure it is reported for the Desktop and Web Versions too!!!! It's across the board the fact that Spotify has lost the "Related Artists" link. I have fouind it its a generally unknown band th...

• Regular
  • Can see this has been reported for Andriod but want to make sure it is reported for the Desktop and Web Versions too!!!!  It's across the board the fact that Spotify has lost the "Related Artist...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify 0.9.8 update doesn't work

Hi, I used Spotify on one computer of me yesterday, and followed the notification to restart spotify, to install the new update. Now I have the newest version (0.9.8.15) of Spotify on this computer. Now I just wanted to update Spotify on my other com...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I used Spotify on one computer of me yesterday, and followed  the notification to restart spotify, to install the new update. Now I have the newest version (0.9.8.15) of Spoti...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't show top list

Hey guys, need a little help here! My spotify have stopped showing me the content of the top list - all other playlists works fine. Anyone know how to fix this? Screenshot: Hope someone can help me out

spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, need a little help here! My spotify have stopped showing me the content of the top list - all other playlists works fine. Anyone know how to fix this? Screenshot:      ...
  • ani-head
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

:ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0YOzRK:ref

Hello, Below is my original email to Spotify: Hello,I clicked on the Album: "Terri Clark" by Terri Clark to play the album, but the Album cover for: "Greatest Hits" by Terri Clark comes up instead of the one for: "Terri Clark"! The same thing happene...

• Roadie
  • Hello, Below is my original email to Spotify:     Hello, I clicked on the Album: "Terri Clark" by Terri Clark to play the album, but the Album cover for: "Greatest Hits" by Terri C...
  • Groffeaston
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Long Blocks of Ads

Ever since the 0.9.6.72 update I have been experiencing long blocks of ads that play for at least 3 minutes, around 6 ads a break. I know I didn't pay for premium, but the ad blocks were never this bad before the update. I've quit the program thinkin...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the 0.9.6.72 update I have been experiencing long blocks of ads that play for at least 3 minutes, around 6 ads a break. I know I didn't pay for premium, but the ad blocks were never this b...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Other artists on a track

In the image below, I believe this is column is displaying other artists on the track. However, even when I maximize or stretch the window beyond the width of the screen it still has a ellipsis at the end. Two questions: 1) Is the only way to get all...

1question.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  •   In the image below, I believe this is column is displaying other artists on the track. However, even when I maximize or stretch the window beyond the width of the screen it still has a ellip...
  • jlongoria
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Make shuffle MORE shuffle please

Like the title says, i am tired of shuffle mode playing the same songs too many times! Fix your Shuffle mode!

• Gig Goer
  • Like the title says, i am tired of shuffle mode playing the same songs too many times! Fix your Shuffle mode!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Problem with Spotify Update on desktop

So I had Spotify install and everything work fine, then Spotify asks me to do an update so I click on the Spotify restart button updater,..It downloaded the update but then it says Error code 17 - Spotify unable to start. Now I did some research here...

• Music Fan
  • So I had Spotify install and everything work fine, then Spotify  asks me to do an update so I click on the Spotify restart button updater,..It downloaded the update but then it says Error code 1...
  • Masikoo
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not play anymore

Hello, my Spotify Premium isn't playing any of the Songs I clicked on.The Song shows up, and directly stops at 00:00.I've already tried to restart my Windows, reinstalled Spotify and my Flash Player but nothing worked.What can I do. Cheers

• Visitor
  • Hello,   my Spotify Premium isn't playing any of the Songs I clicked on. The Song shows up, and directly stops at 00:00. I've already tried to restart my Windows, reinstalled Spotify and m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Possibility to help correct the release dates of albums

hey there, i noticed especially in the hip-hop/rap genre that many many release dates of albums are insanely incorrect. Is there any way to inform spotify about the correct ones and thus helping them to correct their database? I think many users woul...

• hey there,   i noticed especially in the hip-hop/rap genre that many many release dates of albums are insanely incorrect. Is there any way to inform spotify about the correct ones and thus...
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Not playing songs

ok i noticed this maybe a week ago. In my playlists i have a collection of songs (some from personal collection, others from subscribed artists) recently i noticed that random songs have stopped playing. I mean ill play a song then it goes through a ...

• ok i noticed this maybe a week ago. In my playlists i have a collection of songs (some from personal collection, others from subscribed artists) recently i noticed that random songs have stopped play...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows 7 perma hourglass

Hi, after i started spotify and began playing radio, the application performs fine for the first 3-4 songs. Then the trouble begins.. The cursor in the application is permanent the hourglass (spinning circle) and i am not able to like a song, skip a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   after i started spotify and began playing radio, the application performs fine for the first 3-4 songs. Then the trouble begins.. The cursor in the application is permanent the hourgla...
  • Shyarly
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify cuts off all other audio on the computer?

This may not be a problem caused by spotify, but it happens when I have been using spotify a lot that all other audio stops working entirely except spotify (which is what makes me first think it may be the cause). When I stop spotify, exit it entirel...

• Casual Listener
  • This may not be a problem caused by spotify, but it happens when I have been using spotify a lot that all other audio stops working entirely except spotify (which is what makes me first think it may ...
  • matteidsen
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Album Art Not Showing in Discover (Windows XP)

For some time now the album art in Discover in the main pane has been missing on my home desktop running windows XP ( yes I know it's a bit old hat) Album art does show in left hand pane - track currently playing and also avatars in right hand Activi...

• Regular
  • For some time now the album art in Discover in the main pane has been missing on my  home desktop running windows XP ( yes I know it's a bit old hat) Album art does show in left hand pane - trac...
  • luqq
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Password

A message just received by email from Spotifi starts "Hi" and then my password instead of my name??? Also, at the top left of the "Help" page (and other pages such as this one) is my password instead of my name. Is this correct? Can others see that p...

• Casual Listener
  • A message just received by email from Spotifi starts "Hi" and then my password instead of my name??? Also, at the top left of the "Help" page (and other pages such as this one) is my password in...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes