Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Album Bug

As of today, you cannot start in the middle of an album. If you want to play the 5th song of an album say, and press play on it it will play the 1st song. In fact, all the songs in an album will just start the first song from 0:00. However if you tur...

• Casual Listener
  • As of today, you cannot start in the middle of an album.  If you want to play the 5th song of an album say, and press play on it it will play the 1st song.  In fact, all the songs in an alb...
  • juliogouvea
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop and family accounts

How can I have 2 mobile devices under a premium family account? Want both mobiles to talk to the same desktop app.

• How can I have 2 mobile devices under a premium family account? Want both mobiles to talk to the same desktop app.
  • MarkPedersen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to delete a song from multiple playlists?

So just say I have playlist A B C and D, and playlist's A B and C all have the same song in them. Is it possible to delete that song from all 3 playlists in one go rather then having to search through each playlist to find the song and then manually ...

• So just say I have playlist A B C and D, and playlist's A B and C all have the same song in them. Is it possible to delete that song from all 3 playlists in one go rather then having to search throug...
  • gcm21
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Unable to access files from PC on iPhone

I downloaded mp3 files and put them on my PC Spotify. It works fine and I can play the music through it without problems. Then, when I go to try and put it on my iPhone, I follow all of the directions yet it still stays greyed out on the phone. I'm o...

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded mp3 files and put them on my PC Spotify. It works fine and I can play the music through it without problems. Then, when I go to try and put it on my iPhone, I follow all of the dire...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not start properly (solved)

Solved by myself: I deactivated the hardware boost, and now it works! _______________________________________Brief description of the issue: Spotify doesn't start properly, there's just a black screen with some options at the top, but these don't hel...

JSTkMEI
  • Casual Listener
  • Solved by myself: I deactivated the hardware boost, and now it works!   _______________________________________ Brief description of the issue: Spotify doesn't start properly, there's just a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Please, please bring back this feature. This is one of the features I've had that has brought several users from Pandora to Spotify. The ability to share music within the app is by far more efficient than text/facebook messaging.

• Please, please bring back this feature.  This is one of the features I've had that has brought several users from Pandora to Spotify. The ability to share music within the app is by far more eff...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify crashes randomly with white noise

Hi All, I just installed the spotify windows client on windows-7, after playing a handful of tracks fine, all i get is white noise and i must restart spotify before anything will play. Any ideas? S

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   I just installed the spotify windows client on windows-7, after playing a handful of tracks fine, all i get is white noise and i must restart spotify before anything will play. &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after one song

Lately, my Spotify app has stopped playing after (usually) one song. It completely shuts down; it can't even be found as a "background process" when I open my task manager and I have to restart the program completely.Additional info:This happens whet...

• Casual Listener
  • Lately, my Spotify app has stopped playing after (usually) one song. It completely shuts down; it can't even be found as a "background process" when I open my task manager and I have to restart the p...
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No Discover Weekly playlist today?

On both my Galaxy S7 and desktop install on win7 (1.0.45.186.g3b5036d6) there is no Discover Weekly playlist when I go into Browse->Discover. I've restarted the desktop app, signed out/signed in. Still no discover weekly playlist. Any ideas? I active...

• Casual Listener
  • On both my Galaxy S7 and desktop install on win7 (1.0.45.186.g3b5036d6) there is no Discover Weekly playlist when I go into Browse->Discover. I've restarted the desktop app, signed out/signed in. ...
  • kali_kiki
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with public playlists

Hello, I have a problem with makingmy playlists public or private again. When I make them public, most of them are not shown in my public playlists. And the other way around, when I make public playlists private again, they stay in the public playlis...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I have a problem with makingmy playlists public or private again. When I make them public, most of them are not shown in my public playlists. And the other way around, when I make public...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug when listening

Hi!I'm listening a track,as soon as open spotify,and finished the track selected of a playlist spotify is closed and don't continue with the other tracks on the playlist.Whats happened?

• Hi! I'm listening a track,as soon as open spotify,and finished the track selected of a playlist spotify is closed and don't continue with the other tracks on the playlist.Whats happened?  
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Tracks

I have a number of pop psych playlists all the tracks from the rubbble collection cd's are no longer available any ideas why?They are still listed under albums but all the tracks are greyed out.thanksSteve

• Casual Listener
  • I have a number of pop psych playlists all the tracks from the rubbble collection cd's are no longer available any ideas why? They are still listed under albums but all the tracks are greyed out. t...
  • TyMcLean
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

@elliott_diaz, looks like you're in the Daily Mix section of Spotify. I believe the shuffle and repeat toggle buttons only appear in a normal playlist, not in a Daily Mix or Radio Station. If you play a regular playlist, the repeat button should come...

• Casual Listener
  • @elliott_diaz, looks like you're in the Daily Mix section of Spotify. I believe the shuffle and repeat  toggle buttons only appear in a normal playlist, not in a Daily Mix or Radio Station....
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

What has happened to the `repeat one` to repeat the current track button? My most used feature is not apparent anywhere on the desktop client

• Casual Listener
  • What has happened to the `repeat one` to repeat the current track button?   My most used feature is not apparent anywhere on the desktop client
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Please don't hijack this thread - it is supposed to remain on the topic of the loss of the Inbox, messages and notifications. (btw, my desktop client still has the repeat buttons (as of today, 21 Mar 17).

• Regular
  • Please don't hijack this thread - it is supposed to remain on the topic of the loss of the Inbox, messages and notifications.   (btw, my desktop client still has the repeat buttons (as of toda...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

CD drive error(without cd) when the Spotify open

CD drive error(without cd) when the Spotify open, someone had the same error? The window don't close, and the window shutdown just when the Spotify is closed. Any help?

• CD drive error(without cd) when the Spotify open, someone had the same error? The window don't close, and the window shutdown just when the Spotify is closed. Any help?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

At the very least, a sincere response from Spotify would do wonders.

• Music Fan
  • At the very least, a sincere response from Spotify would do wonders.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Hey, Rorey. It's actually kind of cool that the team at Spotify is scouring inboxes and drop-shipping a playlist into their account. That's the sort of above and beyond-type of thing I'm used to with the Spotify brand. But how much effort is now bein...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, Rorey. It's actually kind of cool that the team at Spotify is scouring inboxes and drop-shipping a playlist into their account. That's the sort of above and beyond-type of thing I'm used to with...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes