Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in (Error code: accesspoint:39)

Solved!

Can't log in (Error code: accesspoint:39)

Hi!

I can't log in on the Spotify Windows app. I can log in fine on the Android app, the macOS app and on the web player app (on Windows/Chrome), so obviously it's not an internet connectivity or password issue.

I tried the following suggestions (found on this thread: community.spotify.com / Error code: accesspoint:39 Can't log in)

• Reboot computer.
  • Uninstall/reinstall app.
  • Update the system drivers.
  • Check Windows proxy settings (I'm not connecting through a proxy).
  • Check Windows firewall settings (there's nothing wrong there).
  • Change the country on the payment details page (https://www.spotify.com/bg/account/subscription/update/) to Belgium and then back to France.
  • Check the Windows hosts file (it's empty/all commented).

What else should I do?

Maybe there's an issue with my account. I created it a long time ago by connecting through Facebook. My account name is a number (an ID I presume).

The full error message (actual is in French):

A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally you could try changing the currently used proxy settings. (Error code: accesspoint:39)

Plan
Premium

Country
France

Operating System
Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It worked today. I'm logged in the native Windows app. I didn't do anything though. Probably a fixed bug in a recent release. Is there a technical change log somewhere?

Thanks for your help anyway!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi there @Splo

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I would recommend checking out both any firewall or anti-virus software which might cause this issue from appearing.

The use of safe mode here should be a good indication if the app works or not.

Furthermore, disabling your firewall/anti virus and run the app to see if it works (if possible) should be a good indication if that's indeed the case.

Let me know how it went 🙂

Marked as solution

It worked today. I'm logged in the native Windows app. I didn't do anything though. Probably a fixed bug in a recent release. Is there a technical change log somewhere?

Thanks for your help anyway!

Suggested posts