Premium

Country

England

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Home

My Question or Issue

I am trying to listen to some songs on spotify but whenever I go to play one on my computer I get this message "Spotify can't play this song right now. If you have the files on your computer you can import it" It's the same sort of message I would get offline but I am watching YouTube and messaging while getting this message so it couldn't be that. When I play a song on my phone and having the audio come out of my phone it works fine, I just can't play the audio through my PC.

Can I get some help here

24 Replies

Before I i re-install windows I would like to know if there is a debug I can use to find the problem

Hey @Devfine,

Thank you for your reply.

There isn't an available debug tool. We are aware that this issue pops up from time to time with some users, and while we did make some backstage improvements, a small subset still experiences it.

From the investigations performed, we managed to identify that one of the possible causes stem from audio-drivers, audio-cards or general audio-related configurations, which however can be very individual and vary from system to system.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I shouldn't be paying a monthly subscription for this, I've tried solutions from all over the interrnet and even some of my own, none of them worked. I'm not going to uninstall Windows just to most likely face the exact same problem. Fix your app, this is a common issue.

Marked as solution

Alright I fixed it, and I find it so stupid how this wasn't suggested previously. Re-install Spotify from the website, NOT the Microsoft store!

So I have the same issue and it's 2024. This gentleman reported this issue in 2020. 4 years later and people are still getting the same problem. I literally just chose a song via my phone and it started playing on my PC. I try clicking on my library or searching any song and the f**king app just sits there. There's is nothing wrong on our end. Hence why we're here. Most consumers aren't complete f**king idiots and do self troubleshooting before looking for answers. How about quit suggesting completely insane "it's on your end, not ours" BS "fix-its."

It's on YOUR end. NOT OURS.

Funny how a resolution was never found and here we are 4 years later, yet your bill payment system works flawlessly. Takes my money every month without issue. Still no music though on my PC.

AND THE AMOUNT OF RECAPTCHA I JUST HAD TO GO THROUGH JUST TO TYPE THIS?!?!? HOLY **bleep** SPOTIFY YOU GUYS ARE REALLY PISSING ME OFF RIGHT NOW. If I don't find a fix, I'm canceling.

Suggested posts