Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see playlist followers in new Spotify version

Can't see playlist followers in new Spotify version

In the new version of Spotify, playlists list the number of followers each playlist has, but not who is following it. In the previous version there were thumbnails of three followers, but there was no way to see more (very annoying). Now it seems that you can't see the identities of anyone following your playlists. Am I missing something here?

106 Replies

Spotify I love you but you're bringing me down 😞

Why did Spotify change that?

Totally agree, that was the whole point to search for new music that other people are listening to!!

You wish development was easy as this.

I have found a work out.

Go to account settings, go to notifications and check email when new follower subscribes to your playlist. 

You will now be 'spammed' for each follower you get, but this is the only way right now. You can go to your email client / service, set a rule so emails from the address "no-reply *** news.spotifymail.com" will be sent to a particular folder or get an tag (perferably called 'Followers').

Once you get followers you can then 'browse' your 'followers' in the email. Unfortunally you won't get any info about followers before you enabled the email notification.

It's a pain as I've no idea who it is I can talk with about the music.

spotify bring it back listen to ya users

Please Fix!

It's all about being social and discovering music with Spotify isn't it? "N people following" my personal playlist with no way of looking at who they actually are sucks. Might as well not show anything then.

The overall experience with Spotify has just been going downhill in the last couple years. First removing stars, which was the reason I chose them over Google Music, then forcing their stupid library thing down our throats and now I'm gradually discovering other features that are simply missing. If not for Armin Van Buuren I'd probably be long gone to the Google camp.

This is a feature so many people miss, please add it back. I recently got 2 followers on one of my private playlists who I haven't shared with anybody, which makes me extremely curious who they are, how they were able to follow and how they even found it. Just add it back, there's a lot of demand for it!

This solution is not very practical when you get lots of new followers regularly. A better solution is to have a followers page just like the one you have in your profile.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Even that solution doesn't work anymore 😞

I want this too. Bump.

Spotify is missing a huge opportunity for social engagement on their platform by not allowing playlist creators to manage their followers. 

Yes, please allow us to see who likes our playlists...that is a basic function within social media nowadays...! It's just a good thing for Spotify I think as well...and fun for us.

Seems like the most basic social function there is, why can't I see who is following my playlists? I used to be able to see it, why is it removed?

if you have an ipad you can see whos following your playlist

How?

I don't think it shows on the iPad.  If it does, well it's pretty much well hidden.  Tapping on our profile we can see our list of playlists, and for each of them the number of followers.  Tapping on a specific playlist brings you to it.  Tapping the 3 little dots allows you to see the number of followers again, but that's it.  No IDs and no option to display them. 

I can understand removing a feature that was broken, but almost 3 years and no fix, come on Spotify you changed the skin of the app 20 times during that time, surely you could spare 2 developers for a month to make your app more social friendly.

Suggested posts