Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sort by artist anymore on the NOV 30 2020 update

Solved!

Can't sort by artist anymore on the NOV 30 2020 update

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

(PC)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Ever since 30 November update I cant sort by artist in playlists anymore  and it bothers me quite a bit since I've always found it really nice to find certain songs that way. Hope this function'll get back.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you click the button to sort by title three times then it will switch to sorting by artist.
Not very intuitive, but at least it's still possible!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

If you click the button to sort by title three times then it will switch to sorting by artist.
Not very intuitive, but at least it's still possible!

Oh good God, why? At least it's there, I guess.

click what button?

Thanks SO much, greatly appreciated. Still think they should go back to having Artist as a stand-alone column but this helps.

You're very welcome. I guess I could get by with this method of sorting by Artist, but it still needs to be changed. There's simply no excuse for merging song Title and song Artist into the same column. It doesn't even look good.

Totally agree with you! Old layout was way better. 

Thank you for this, I was PUSHED this update and did not ask for it. I wondered why they would remove such a feature...

What kind of chimp thought this was a good idea?

Hey there folks,

Just jumping in here to confirm that this is indeed a new desktop experience we're currently testing.

For more details about the new desktop app, you can head here.

We've now closed this thread, but if you have any other questions regarding this update, feel free to leave a comment with your feedback in the thread linked above - We'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams.

Thanks!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@parsmartinez @Aoil @moluv4nyc @1crimson1

Good news!

There is now a new Compact Mode for track lists (playlists and album pages) in the desktop app and Web Player

The drop down menu now has "Sort by" and "View as" options. To turn on compact mode, open up the drop down menu at the top right of a playlist or album page and click on "Compact" under "View as".

On Playlist pages, it removes the album art, and breaks out "Title" and "Artist" into their own separate columns again. This view is similar to before the redesign that added album art into playlists a few years ago.

On Album pages, it moves the artist and featured artists from below each track title, to a new "Artist" column to the right of the "Title" column.

When you turn on Compact Mode, it will be remembered and stay on when you are viewing both playlists and album pages. You can switch back to the regular "List" view at any time.

The new Compact Mode for track lists is rolling out in the desktop app and Web Player right now so you should be seeing it soon. This has been a highly requested feature since the redesign came out a few years ago.

Desktop Compact List Mode.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts