Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Uninstall Spotify from Windows 10

Cannot Uninstall Spotify from Windows 10

Installed Desktop version of Spotify from official website (not windows store) long ago.

Accidentally installed Spotify app from windows store and uninstalled it. Then began to receive error message "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data"  every time I use Spotify.

Now I plan to uninstall Spotify because I no longer wish to use it but when I try to uninstall Spotify thru Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features an error message appears: "The uninstaller failed to start"

Already tried reinstalling, turning-off firewall still same error.

How do I uninstall Spotify from my PC?

3 Replies

Hey @resetmyspotify,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Try running through this guide for a clean reinstall of the app. If that doesn't work, you might need to go into Windows safe mode and do it from there.

Note that if you're using a company PC, some system management software might be blocking your permission to manage software and data files.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried the steps under windows 10 in the link provided.

Still I can't do step 6 because of the error message.

So I skipped it and did the second part first: Steps 7, 8 & 9.

Then went back to step 3,4,5,6. 

How do I make sure there are no unnecessary/residual files left in my hard drive?

Hey @resetmyspotify,

Thanks for the reply.

Most of Spotify's data is stored in AppData\Local or C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage), so if that's empty then you should be fine.

You might want to check Task Manager for any active Processes of Spotify and close those if you're still getting errors when you try to delete.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts