Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Request - Universally Block an Artist or Song

We need a way to universally block an artist or song. The "don't like" option that is limited to only the Discover Weekly playlist is not sufficient. It needs to include Daily Mixes (and ideally everything else) as well.

• Regular
  • We need a way to universally block an artist or song.  The "don't like" option that is limited to only the Discover Weekly playlist is not sufficient.  It needs to include Daily Mixes (and ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Does the quiet setting on the audio normalization reduce the dynamics of the track?

I want to achieve the highest quality audio and equal volume at the same time. It's hard to listen on a playlist that has soft volume on one music and very loud on another. I read many things about the normalization compressing the track. Does the qu...

• Visitor
  • I want to achieve the highest quality audio and equal volume at the same time. It's hard to listen on a playlist that has soft volume on one music and very loud on another. I read many things about t...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume slider is still glitching happen only with Desktop App.

PlanPremiumCountryVietnamDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 ver. 1909 My Question or IssueThe volume slider is glitching, it jump around randomly look exactly like in the GIF above. It happen only with Desktop client on any my PC, web player is fine....

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Vietnam Device PC Operating System Windows 10 ver. 1909   My Question or Issue The volume slider is glitching, it jump around randomly look exactly like in the GIF...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Grayed Out

Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDevice: Dell computerOperating System: Windows 10My Question or Issue: every now and then, there'd be a recommend album on my home page (today its Untold Tales, by Brian Auger And The Trinity), but when I go to play it ...

• Visitor
  • Plan:  Premium Country:  Australia Device:  Dell computer Operating System:  Windows 10 My Question or Issue:  every now and then, there'd be a recommend album ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend activity not showing all of my friends

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFirst of all, I have already checked every setting on my end and on my friends end. All of our social settings are set to public and there should be no problem setting...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue First of all, I have already checked every setting on my end and on my friends end. All of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Error Code 4

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 1My Question or IssueSince Mid October my PC Spotify had refused to connect to the internet despite having both a connected Ethernet and wifi connection. I’ve tested it on both the Windows store ap...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 1 My Question or Issue Since Mid October my PC Spotify had refused to connect to the internet despite having both a connected Ethe...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

General Windows UX complaint

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDesktop PCOperating Systemwin 10 My Question or IssueThe best way to describe this UX design is overly complex and unresponsive. When I push pause it takes a solid 10 seconds to actually pause the music, if it does at all. W...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Desktop PC Operating System win 10   My Question or Issue The best way to describe this UX design is overly complex and unresponsive.  When I push p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Issues with local files between Mac and Windows PC

DeviceMacbook Pro and a PCOperating SystemmacOS Catalina and Windows 10 My Question or IssueI copied my music library from my mac to my PC to be able to play my local files in both computers but there's an issue with some files - they work in one com...

DD_WIn.PNG DD_Mac.PNG
  • Composer
  • Device Macbook Pro and a PC Operating System macOS Catalina and Windows 10   My Question or Issue I copied my music library from my mac to my PC to be able to play my local files in both c...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

friend activity does not show all of my friends

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a problem with my friend activity feed, as stated above. First of all, I have already checked every setting on my end and on my friends end. All of our social sett...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a problem with my friend activity feed, as stated above. First of all, I have already c...
  • dll062387
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

No other devices showing in my Desktop app

PlanPremium (Family)CountryNetherlands DeviceFujitsi LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueOn the Desktop app, no devices show up and the desktop app does not show up in other devices. Funny thing: I can start the Web player on the...

• Plan Premium (Family) Country Netherlands  Device Fujitsi Laptop Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue On the Desktop app, no devices show up and the desktop app ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

slow and unresponsive

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? It takes several minutes at startup before I can even do anything, the minimize/maximize/close buttons are often not even in the right place as well as the options button (sometimes on my primary monito...

• Regular
  • Is there anything that can be done to fix this? It takes several minutes at startup before I can even do anything, the minimize/maximize/close buttons are often not even in the right place as well as...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Not able to browse Spotify related websites from my Wi-Fi.

PlanFamily PremiumCountryTurkey(Account), Germany(Residence)Device(iPhone 8, iPhone 6s, Xperia Z3, Web)Operating System(iOS 13, Android 6.0.1, Windows 10 Pro) My Question or IssueDear Experts; I started having this problem very recently. I am not abl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Premium Country Turkey(Account), Germany(Residence) Device (iPhone 8, iPhone 6s, Xperia Z3, Web) Operating System (iOS 13, Android 6.0.1, Windows 10 Pro)   My Question ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume randomly dropping to mute while playing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceDell Latitude 5480Operating SystemWindows 7 Pro My Question or IssueWhile listening to music, the volume will drop from my set level to completely muted/off randomly

• Plan Premium Country United States   Device Dell Latitude 5480 Operating System Windows 7 Pro   My Question or Issue While listening to music, the volume will drop from my set le...
  • Fidel_Bums
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution desktop client automatically opens browser

PlanFreeDevicehp laptopOperating SystemWindows 7desktop client version 1.1.19.480.g7d17e3ce Hi. please tell me if anybody knows how to figure that annoying issueSpotify desktop upgrades to version 1.1.19.480.g7d17e3ce (win 7) and since that every tim...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Device hp laptop Operating System Windows 7 desktop client version 1.1.19.480.g7d17e3ce   Hi. please tell me if anybody knows how to figure that annoying issue Sp...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio and Daily Mix Repeats music I have Heard Too Often

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMotorola Moto G5 and Custom Built PCOperating SystemAndroid/Windows 10 My Question or IssueI listen to massive amounts of music, which is the main reason why I bought spotify premium. But, there seems to be no good way f...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Motorola Moto G5 and Custom Built PC Operating System Android/Windows 10   My Question or Issue I listen to massive amounts of music, which is the ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

songs skipping non stop

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuei have spotify on 2 devices android and computerthe android spotify works well how ever in the com...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue i have spoti...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't update profile picture after deleting Facebook

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI recently deleted my Facebook account. I did this without disconnecting it from Spotify first. This has probably caused some bug in your back-end systems tha...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I recently deleted my Facebook account. I did this without disconnecting it from S...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

no dislike or hide song option in Daily Mix lists anymore :(

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDell DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuea couple of weeks ago I noticed that there is only an option to like a song from my daily mix lists . The option to hide or dislike a song/artist was helping to cura...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Dell Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue a couple of weeks ago I noticed that there is only an option to like a song from my daily...
  • lpenhallow
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Focus on Spotify changes system-volume

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceThinkPad X1 ExtremeOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEverytime I focus the spotify-application my system's volume drops by about 40%. The volume-control in windows stays the same, and there is no visual fee...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device ThinkPad X1 Extreme Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Everytime I focus the spotify-application my system's volume drops by about 4...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Liked Songs tab doesn't appear properly

I had this issue for a while, and I don't really know what to do about it. For some reason, even though I have saved songs as liked before, the library always appears as this (Refer to image). It was just fine before, and I don't even know what happe...

kobicool6000_2-1573568786398.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I had this issue for a while, and I don't really know what to do about it. For some reason, even though I have saved songs as liked before, the library always appears as this (Refer to image). It was...
  • kobicool6000
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes