Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Searching shows the same things

PlanPremiumDeviceDell Inspiron 15 GamingOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I search something it shows the exact same thing. I could search for The Strokes and it would show me the last thing I'd search for, for example, The Velv...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I search something it shows the exact same thing. I could search for The Strokes a...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify cant play this song at the time - driver issue? 384khz issue.

PlanPremiumCountryAUTDeviceWindows 10 Pro, latest build, PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue"Spotify kann dies zurzeit nicht abspielen"/(Spotify can't play this song at the moment)I recently got a soundblasterX G6 external USB soundcard,...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country AUT Device Windows 10 Pro, latest build, PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue "Spotify kann dies zurzeit nicht abspielen"/(Spotify can't play ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Creative
    soundblaster
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

[Desktop][Other] Amazon Firestick

Does anyone know how to un-sync a Firestick? I am at my office and Spotify keeps forfeiting back to my living room...

• Visitor
  • Does anyone know how to un-sync a Firestick? I am at my office and Spotify keeps forfeiting back to my living room...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremely stressful ads for people with PTSD

PlanFreeCountry USA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThere is one extremely triggering ad about anti-vaping by the real cost. it starts out with people screaming in horror and it triggers my PTSD a lot. I have heard it many time...

•   Plan Free Country USA   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue There is one extremely triggering ad about anti-vaping by the real cost. it starts o...
  • eliipsism
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay no longer working across all devices

PlanPremium CountryUK DeviceSamsung S9+/HP Windows 10 Laptop Operating SystemAndroid 10, Windows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify Autoplay no longer functions on any of my installed versions of Spotify. When a playlist ends, rather than playing similar...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country UK   Device Samsung S9+/HP Windows 10 Laptop   Operating System Android 10, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify Autoplay no longer functi...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution number next to the songs in a playlist

PlanFreeCountry DeviceSmartphone/PCOperating SystemAll My Question or Issue my idea:insert numbers next to songs in playlistse.g.: I would like to listen to song number 380 in a playlist of 1000 songs. How do I do that? can I count 380 songs? so inst...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country   Device Smartphone/PC Operating System All   My Question or Issue   my idea: insert numbers next to songs in playlists e.g.: I would like to listen to s...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • number next to the songs in a playlist
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution [Bug] Local Files Artwork not changing when Album info is empty

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My IssueThere seems to be a bug for Local files with art not changing properly on next song from the same Artist when the Album info is not filled or empty. It will always show the first song artwork from the sa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Issue There seems to be a bug for Local files with art not changing properly on next song from the same Artist when the Album info is ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Schiit Modi issues

hey all!I am currently running my Sennheiser HD560s off of the schiit magni and modi stack. All settings in windows are on default. Here's the issue. All was good and was enjoying my music and out of nowhere I began having clipping/distortion issues ...

• hey all! I am currently running my Sennheiser HD560s off of the schiit magni and modi stack. All settings in windows are on default. Here's the issue. All was good and was enjoying my music and out ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently listened artists doesn't update

PlanPremiumCountry ItalyDeviceSamsung Galaxy A5 2016Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, my recently listened artists is not updating anymore. The same thing happened yesterday but randomly recovered after about 30 minutes. Today no rec...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country  Italy Device Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, my recently listened artists is not updating anymore. Th...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Someone at Spotify better read this!!!!!

Dear Spotify,I feel like you are all robots. Spent 10 minutes to find a way to contact you, none. "Let our bot answer your questions" FOR REAL??? Even this community is a joke of a site, I've spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out how to make a ne...

• Visitor
  • Dear Spotify, I feel like you are all robots. Spent 10 minutes to find a way to contact you, none. "Let our bot answer your questions" FOR REAL??? Even this community is a joke of a site, I've spent...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop][Search] Index search for big playlists

In Windows 10, playlists with hundred of songs causes in the App a slow and unresponsive experience when searching some word. In Android, for example, the search is fast and responsive.

• Music Fan
  • In Windows 10, playlists with hundred of songs causes in the App a slow and unresponsive experience when searching some word.    In Android, for example, the search is fast and responsive.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Synching local files does absolutely nothing.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 3 (N/A)Operating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueChecking to synch and adding a folder does nothing on desktop. Not even a local files menu option. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 3 (N/A) Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue Checking to synch and adding a folder does nothing on desktop. Not even a local f...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Other] Play button not working when switching between albums

Often, when I finish listening to an album and try to start another one, nothing happens when I press the large play button or try to play an individual song. If I close spotify and reopen it, then it works fine.

• Often, when I finish listening to an album and try to start another one, nothing happens when I press the large play button or try to play an individual song. If I close spotify and reopen it, then i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Streaming quality keeps changing

This problem has appeared last week. My streaming quality is set to "Normal" , yet it acts like it's on "Automatic", and the quality keeps changing based on my internet connection. The problem here is that it keeps changing to the low streaming quali...

• This problem has appeared last week. My streaming quality is set to "Normal" , yet it acts like it's on "Automatic", and the quality keeps changing based on my internet connection. The problem here i...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files don't appear.

Ok. So I have checked the show local files switch. I have added the source. I have even tried making a new playlist. However, none of my local files show up. Do I have to import them somehow? I have searched for help on Spotify and it just redirects ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok. So I have checked the show local files switch. I have added the source. I have even tried making a new playlist. However, none of my local files show up. Do I have to import them somehow? I have ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • appear
    files
    local
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't react properly to Cortana's command to "play music"

PlanPremiumCountryCzechiaDeviceDELL XPS 13 9370Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I say "Hey Cortana, play music", she just brings Spotify window to focus and the playback stops if it was playing before, or simply doesn't start p...

nimareq_0-1611430145741.png
  • Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Czechia Device DELL XPS 13 9370 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I say "Hey Cortana, play music", she just brings Spotify window to focu...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cortana
    voice
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Follow artist broken

I don't know if it's just a problem with the new desktop version of Spotify but when I click the FOLLOW button on an artist page, it just doesn't work.Sometimes I can see the the newly added artists in the library section, but when I restart spotify,...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know if it's just a problem with the new desktop version of Spotify but when I click the FOLLOW button on an artist page, it just doesn't work. Sometimes I can see the the newly added artist...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Joe Rogan video player freezes.. why are there ads on PREMIUM?

Attempted to watch an episode for the first time on my Spotify Premium, video player completely froze 10 minutes in. Couldn't get it to recover. I backed up the playhead then it cut to 3 different advertisements which are separate Spotify files.. I s...

• Gig Goer
  • Attempted to watch an episode for the first time on my Spotify Premium, video player completely froze 10 minutes in. Couldn't get it to recover. I backed up the playhead then it cut to 3 different ad...
  • Madferret
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution (Desktop) Problem with the new update 1.1.51 Can't load the page

My Question or IssuePlease since I got this new update 1.1.51.380 I have this issue where I got theOoops can't load page and the social bar not showing + my name and pic not showing replaced by Spotify ID e.g. :8wzaksc6dwdxsfd So I have to log out an...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Please since I got this new  update 1.1.51.380 I have this issue where I got the Ooops can't load page and the social bar not showing + my name and pic not showi...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Web Player] [BUG] How to get rid of this unnecessary section that blocks my Playlist

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceHP laptop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI keep finding this unnecessary Division section that comes over the Playlist that I play on the Web Player, I opened the player on both Google Chrome and Brave Browse...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country India Device HP laptop  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I keep finding this unnecessary Division section that comes over the Playlist that I p...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Desktop
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes