Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

(Desktop)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

So I use Spotify's Desktop App adn Mobile App. I listen using the Mobile App and control what I play, etc. using my Desktop App so I don't have to look at/for my phone and unlock it to control what I play. These past few month, I have some recurring issues with the Desktop App where the app does not keep in track with what I play on my phone and stuck in one song on display while my phone plays normally. When I press next on my desktop, it said that it currently cannot play that song and crashes, but not affecting the Mobile App. Has anyone else ever had this issue, and are you able to fix this issue? It doesn't affect my experience directly, nor will it make me unsbscribe from premium, but it will be very convenient if it is fixed.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Jeremy

Hi there @irvandytan,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step to do is to remove all lines from your hosts file that are blocking Spotify. You can to that by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
SUGGESTED POSTS