Premium

Country

Uruguay

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've been unable to drag a song to the top of the queue ever since the Spotify revamp. If I drag the song to the top of the screen, it does not auto scroll. Dragging songs down the queue works, just not up the queue.

This thread includes a GIF clearly illustrating the issue.

As per this thread the issue should've been fixed around December 2021, but it's not. I've tried versions 1.1.74.631, 1.1.78.765, 1.1.84.716 and 1.1.85.895 (the current one at time of writing) and it's still broken in all of them.

Note that I'm talking about THE QUEUE LIST. Dragging upwards does scroll all right in every other playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

You can move the track's position up both in the queue and in playlists by dragging it and hovering over the arrow keys < > in the top left corner.

d71496ef-e064-4561-a3a9-9033aa5b32e4.png

Alternatively, you can cut the track by pressing Ctrl + X (Cmd + X for Mac users), then navigate to track above the desired position using the Up and Down arrow keys and paste it there. This, however, is only possible playlists - cutting a track from the queue would cause it to be removed directly.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

35 Replies

Hey there @slug_camargo

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps.

On another note, could you let us know the exact make/model and Spotify version of your device?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I did a clean install of the latest version (1.1.85.895) and I tried the web player in Firefox and Chrome, and the bug is present in all of those places, across two different PCs.

I also spoke to a handful of people in these very forums and they're all getting the same bug. I'm guessing you can confirm it by giving the Windows desktop version (or the web player) a try yourself.

I assume not enough people care about this enough to make much of a fuss, but it seems to be a universal issue.

Hi @slug_camargo

Thanks for your reply. 

We've passed this info to the right team to be looked into. We'll keep you posted on any updates on the matter here, as soon as there are any.

If you have any questions, the Community is always here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issues

When I drag a song to the top of the screen, the screen does not scroll up. Because of this, I cannot move my songs up more than one page at a time. I tried both reinstalling and updating Spotify but the issues persist.

My Issue:

Trying to drag the song or multiple songs up the play list and it will not scroll up for manually orginising playlists. This has been fustrating as when I try and drag a song up the playlists will not scroll.

Version:

Spotify for Windows
1.1.89.862.g94554d2

Plan:

Free

UK

Device:

PC

Operating System:

Windows

I am having this same issue in the Windows Desktop app today. Please fix.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Windows 11 Desktop

My Question or Issue

Using Spotify for Windows 1.1.89.862.g94554d24, Spotify is no longer scrolling up when you drag and drop track(s) to the upper portion/limit of the playlist display to be able to move songs to the top/middle/other non-visible portion of the playlist. For some reason the bottom edge is still working and gets you scrolling down wards when you drag selected songs to the bottom edge. Just the top edge is malfunctioning.

Occurring for me too. I found a spot (circled in green, next to the profile menu) where you can drag and drop and get it to scroll..but the scroll rate is very very slow lol 

densik_0-1657582797617.png

Using Spotify for Windows 1.1.89.862.g94554d24, Spotify is no longer scrolling up when you drag and drop track(s) to the upper portion/limit of the playlist display to be able to move songs to the top/middle/other non-visible portion of the playlist. For some reason the bottom edge is still working and gets you scrolling down wards when you drag selected songs to the bottom edge. Just the top edge is malfunctioning.

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing this extensive description with us.

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling. If that doesn't help, let us know if this is happening only with specific playlists or any playlist at all.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm sorry, you're making a mess of things. This topic was about A BUG IN THE QUEUE LIST. Now you're merging a bunch of other threads (because I guess now it's also happening in other playlists), and you're rolling back to giving generic housekeeping advice.

It's a bug.

We've already been through this.

There is no clean reinstall, no cache flushing, no trying different versions.

It's a bug in the program.

I happens in the desktop and web versions.

This matter is not only not moving forward, it's actively going backwards.

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

You can move the track's position up both in the queue and in playlists by dragging it and hovering over the arrow keys < > in the top left corner.

d71496ef-e064-4561-a3a9-9033aa5b32e4.png

Alternatively, you can cut the track by pressing Ctrl + X (Cmd + X for Mac users), then navigate to track above the desired position using the Up and Down arrow keys and paste it there. This, however, is only possible playlists - cutting a track from the queue would cause it to be removed directly.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

im still having this issue.

slug_camargo is right you're making a mess...I couldn't even find this thread because everything that existed yesterday is now gone.

Yordan it is NOT fixed for playlists!

Today I noticed it can only scroll up when hovering within the user profile button/drop down, but no where else on the screen...

I am having this same problem which makes it impossible to manually arrange large playlists.  For me this first appeared July 11, 2022.

I just tested the web version and dragging upwards works for playslists and queue, which is great.

You can't drag downwards, however; so I guess we're halfway there. I'm pretty sure dragging downwards used to work just a few days ago, so I don't even know what's going on here.

As much as I was expecting this fix, I'm frankly gonna hold off on updating the desktop version for now. If this thread is anything to go by, the thing looks undercooked to say the least.

You guys really need to get better at testing fixes and features. We're paying customers, you can't possibly expect us to be your QA department.

While this problem was addressed for a time, it is now back. 
The thread referencing this problem has been locked so it is not possible to reply there.

Version info:

Spotify for Windows
1.1.89.862.g94554d24

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I take a song and try to move it up my playlist, it does not scroll. It does scroll, however, for moving songs down. I saw someone ask this question already, but it said that this problem was fixed (around a year ago).

Still not working for me. Using the Windows app I can only drag and get the page to start scrolling if I move my mouse to the top edge of the profile menu only... Scrolling down still works fine for me.

Using

Spotify for Windows
1.1.89.862.g94554d24

densik_0-1657672431841.png

Suggested posts