Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot drag songs to top of the queue

Solved!

Cannot drag songs to top of the queue

Plan

Premium

Country

Uruguay

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've been unable to drag a song to the top of the queue ever since the Spotify revamp. If I drag the song to the top of the screen, it does not auto scroll. Dragging songs down the queue works, just not up the queue.

This thread includes a GIF clearly illustrating the issue.

As per this thread the issue should've been fixed around December 2021, but it's not. I've tried versions 1.1.74.631, 1.1.78.765, 1.1.84.716 and 1.1.85.895 (the current one at time of writing) and it's still broken in all of them.

Note that I'm talking about THE QUEUE LIST. Dragging upwards does scroll all right in every other playlist.

35 Replies

The up is only working in Limited Areas on desktop, but the down is now broken altogether. This bug has happened serveral times in the last two years and every time its been fixed. It breaks next version after. Can we just have some sort of trigger that happens when you drag a song it has a areas hightlighted both above and below and depedning which one it goes over it either goes up or down?
Version:
Spotify for Windows
1.1.89.862.g94554d24

I have not tried anything yet except for closing the app and reopening it (did not fix).

How would I check the model of my Spotify?

This works! When it starts to scroll there, I move my cursor up a little, and it goes faster. Thank you!!

Same here... it started happening to me today (7/14/2022). It has never happened before. When i try to move songs down, the scroll does work, however it does not scroll upwards...

I echoe all the complaints above! How can Spotify label the tread "Solved"?? The glitch blatantly persists. An yes, we are paying users! I can`t believe this is a unsurmountable challenge for Spotify techies. It seems Spotify is just not giving a damn. Very disappointing. That`s why I never ceased to use my iTunes, where I own what I paid for, and now Apple Music, much better in delivering the goods.

No it`s not!!!

@edamferr wrote:

I echoe all the complaints above! How can Spotify label the tread "Solved"?? The glitch blatantly persists. An yes, we are paying users! I can`t believe this is a unsurmountable challenge for Spotify techies. It seems Spotify is just not giving a damn. Very disappointing. That`s why I never ceased to use my iTunes, where I own what I paid for, and now Apple Music, much better in delivering the goods.

I believe that this is a temperory fix till they can fiind a long term solution.

Hi folks,

Good news. Our tech wizards have done their magic backstage and this should now be fixed. 

Please make sure you're running the latest app version available. You can download it from here.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Appalling, it has NOT been fixed!

Latest version downloaded and installed, logged out and in again, Windows restarted: glitch persists!

Why you guys keep on claiming it has?

I am also having the same issue even after uninstalling and reinstalling "the latest version" as suggested above so clearly that is not the solution. Sort of appalling such a basic feature is not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is still broken. I've done fresh installs of the latest version of Spotify for Windows (1.1.89.862.g94554d24) and the problem still exists. This is unacceptable.  It makes building or modifying playlists impossibly difficult.  

Can we go back to an earlier version of Spotify until this is fixed?  

Just repeating this in case it is missed...

WORKAROUND: you can drag and get the page to start scrolling upwards if you move your cursor to the top edge of the profile menu, shown below.

densik_0-1658338102458.png

(Spotify for Windows 1.1.89.862.g94554d24)

Plan

Premium 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can move songs down but when I try to move song upwards it won't scroll upwards.. everything is up to date.. any help please??

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your reports!

We've passed them to the relevant team to be looked into. We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new information to share.

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Plan

Premium 

Country

United States

Device

Windows app

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I cant seem to rearrange my songs anymore and id like to know how again.

Before all i needed to do was drag and hold a song to the top of playlist and it would auto-scroll upwards but now it doesnt. It scrolls downwards though for some reason just fine.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience.

The relevant team is already investigating this issue. We'd suggest adding your +Vote and subscribe to this thread to be aware of any updates about it.

In the meantime, and as a workaround, you can drag the selection to the top of the playlist, but pointing towards your username or between the arrows "< >" (as seen below) for the screen to go up with the selection.

OscarDC_0-1659543571492.jpeg

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts