Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Windows 10 desktop app, from the store

Operating System

Windows 10, fully updated

My Question or Issue

I often listen to albums, and often when I do, I want the album to play on repeat. However, some time ago the album repeat functionality broke. It used to be that if I start playing an album (by clicking a song or the album itself) with the repeat all on, I would get the album on repeat. Now the repeat all plays the whole discography. At first, looking at the now playing queue I see only the songs from the current album, but once I reach the last song and finish it (either naturally or by pressing next) it loads in the next album.

I want to be able to play an album like a CD and have it on repeat. How do I achieve this easily on the desktop?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply

Hey @philipelouchtch,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

When you use the repeat button, it will repeat the selection you're currently playing. This means that you can listen to just one album and repeat it the times you want.

First, go to Your Library, highlight the tag Albums, select the album you want and hit the play button. Make sure the Repeat function is active (green) to keep repeating the same album.

If the issue persists, it's possible that some damaged cache from previous updates are affecting the proper behavior of the app. In this case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

In case the issue continues, it would be great if you could record a short video where we can take a better look. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts