Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.
Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.
Loading ongoing issues...
My Question or Issue
I have noticed since last week that almost every song I have not already favorited are not available to me to play or even listen to. Only a small selection of new songs I have found are songs that are able to be played on spotify so it is almost impossible to find new music on spotify currently
Solved! Go to Solution.
I suggest checking your hosts file. 🙂
I've seen entries in it causing similar issues for other users. Checking the file is easy, you just need admin rights to save the changes.
1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to
3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like
0.0.0.0 website.com 127.0.0.1 website2.com
Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:
0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net
(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.
Let me know how you get on!