Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot skip (forward or backward) and cannot choose a song to play.

Cannot skip (forward or backward) and cannot choose a song to play.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

As the title says, when I click the "next" or "previous" buttons nothing occurs and I cannot choose what song I want to play by selecting a song on any page. This nearly renders the application useless.

I can move through the playlist by changing the time on the current song to the end of it but cannot change which playlist is selected. In addition to this, occasionally it will reset to the first song played in the playlist - glitching back to it and playing the starting second multiple times before continuing through that song again.

I can still use other UI features like shuffle or loop, I can access all of the normal pages but just cannot use the media controls both on the application or indirectly through commands on my computer. I've gone through the basic troubleshooting guide (apart from having someone else log in on my machine), including soft reset, logging in and out, and a clean install. My Spotify account works perfectly from my other devices or the web player and I can control my pc music from that but not vice versa.

Cheers for any help.

4 Replies

Hey there @Connorwood1,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you have someone log with another account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

it doesn't work whenever I try to seek forward or backward it plays the next song I need help

Hey @omarashraf,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We're receiving some reports from some users about this same issue. This is now Under Investigation by the internal teams and we hope to get it resolved as soon as possible. Feel free to add your vote by hitting the "Thumbs up" button and subscribing to this thread to be aware of any updates. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, it happens the same to me! Any solutions already?

Suggested posts