Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain songs causing spotify to crash

Certain songs causing spotify to crash

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Operating System

Windows 7 

My Question or Issue

I have been experiencing a glitch since yesterday where certain songs will freeze at the very end and Spotify will crash on my PC.

I have noticed when some songs are queued the "<3" icon to favourite a song is missing, when this is the case the song will get to the end and just as its about to transition to the next queued song it freezes and someetimes crashes, followed by a bar at the top saying "Unable to play current track". When re-opening Spotify the song that I'd just played doesn't appear on my history or my activity feed. After doing some trial and error it appears that its completely random which songs do and don't have the "<3" icon missing, with even songs on same albums having inconsistencies. The icons appear when looking at albums, but when queueing certain songs it is missing altogether and that is when the crashing occurs. I'll post some screenshots belowss+(2018-07-14+at+01.12.58).jpg

8 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Tried uninstalling, still getting same issue.

I downloaded the most recent Spotify update from yesterday, but I first noticed the issue with the old version about 2 days ago

ss+(2018-07-14+at+09.39.17).png

Thanks for letting me know.

Have you tried using another account or siging in with your account on another device with similar specs?

Could you also tell me which songs make Spotify crash?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Yes, I have a 2nd account now just to check if the song I am currently listening to is displaying on the friend feed (you're probably aware of that issue, it seems to have been fixed)

When I go into my queue there are some songs where the favourite songs heart icon is missing, I have noticed that it is always those songs where the freezing and/or crashing occurs, it seems to be happening with any random songs that I choose to add to my queue. I suspect this glitch is tied to the new "favourite songs" icons as I never had this issue before, also like I said upon checking on my 2nd account the songs where the "favourite songs" icon aren't present in queue don't register on my feed or on my listen history, which makes me wonder if they'd even be registering on the artists play count

LorenXK, are you able to help me with this?

Another example, Ive just made a Miguel playlist and some songs have the ❤️ favourite song icon missing, these songs then bring up "unable to play current song", this is quite frustrating as its become hard to even put on a playlist without there being a play error.

ss+(2018-07-16+at+05.31.22).png

Hey @AC1996

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Please try to open anther user account in your PC and install Spotify.

Sign in with this account and let me know how it goes 🙂

Edit: You can try to reinstall Spotify by following the steps in this post.

Ok so i fixed the issue, all i had to do was turn off these in settings lol, thanks for the assistance.

ss+(2018-07-16+at+10.16.32).png

Suggested posts