Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative Playlist

Solved!

Collaborative Playlist

Hi. I've searched a lot without finding any answer. I was asking my self why my collaborative playlist can't be seen as my other public playlist. 

I mean, why can't I have a playlist with my friend that everyone can see without having the permission to add or delete anything? (The "Make public" button is disabled for reasons I don't understand).

Have a nice day.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Or you can vote for this one which has already 252 votes and is pretty much the same thing 🙂

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Make-Collaborative-Playlists-Pub...

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey, @TheBrickSlayer -

When your playlist is Collaborative, the "Make Public" option will be disabled, since your playlist is already 'public.' You can make it public after you make your playlist non-collaborative again 🙂

EDIT: @Bittencourt got the answer here; Thank you 🙂

If you have any other questions, please reply 🙂

Hi @TheBrickSlayer, thanks for writing!

The collaborative playlists aren't public in order to stop people finding them in search and then vandalizing it (since you can't control who can edit it).

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thank you for the reply. Now I'm starting to understand. But why can't we have the possibility to have a collaborative playlist that is "read-only" to everyone that is not a collaborator? 

I mean, right know I have to update a second playlist that is public because I don't want some people edit my "original" playlist. Can this be a new feature in a future spotify update? I think I'm not the only one that really want this.

Have a nice Sunday!

Hey, @TheBrickSlayer -

Unfortunately, Spotify does not have this feature right now; But it's certainly a good idea, and the others also have the same of yours. Spotify is always open for ideas, so please go here and vote for the idea so it could be implemented 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Marked as solution

Or you can vote for this one which has already 252 votes and is pretty much the same thing 🙂

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Make-Collaborative-Playlists-Pub...

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thank you so much for sharing this. Upvoted!

Suggested posts