Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Confusing delimitations

Confusing delimitations

Operating System

I'm using the Spotify's Windows Desktop Version. Not sure if my issue only applies to this version. 

My Question or Issue

First of all, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, maybe someone has a better idea? Nevertheless, here is my point:

If you look at the attachment, respond to the following question: By pressing the marked buttons, which panel would swipe? The expectation, following Gestalt rules or the principles of grouping (like Proximity and Closure), would be that the upper panels ("Rock" group in the picture) swipe. The line below the buttons would also make you believe this. It clearly separates the two groups. But that is not the case, it's the lower ones that swipe. 

That is very confusing! Is anybody else having the same issue? Let us inform Spotify about it and make it clear that it is not human-friendly!     

delimitation.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @fairly99 thanks for raising your question up to the community,

First off this is the perfect place for this post 🙂

And to answer your question, I totaly understand where you are coming from, if you look, the arrows are in line horzontally with the catagory of music, so for the Rock catagory, you would click the arrows that are to the far Right of "Rock" (I can attach a picture below).Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 10.32.35 AM.png

And it this pattern would continue for the next catagory, for Indie you would click the set of arrows that parallel it. Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 10.34.50 AM.png

I can understand how the spacing can be confusing but if you want you can start a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Jack 🙂

Suggested posts