Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect my phone as a remote

Solved!

Connect my phone as a remote

Hi everyone,

Basicly I have a trouble connecting my phone as a remote for my pc.

My pc isnt connect on the same wifi, actualy it's a wired connection so no wifi at all.

Is there a way for my phone to communicate with my pc ? 

Thank you all

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah sorry i misunderstood your question

I thought you were wanting to use your phone as a remote control for your pc but you were on about spotify connect...nevermind glad you fixed it anyway

As for your other issue,you are not alone,there are tons of other users having the same problem but doesnt seem to be a solution to it

If you have a look onthe forum there are a lot of threads of people complaining about this

Maybe get in touch with spotify support and keep your fingers crossed

Here is just one of the threads https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Downloaded-music-randomly-deleted/td-p/1476873

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Your pc doesnt need to be on wifi

As long as the phone and pc are on the same network,it shouldnt matter if its wired or wireless (but got to be on the same network)

What app are you using on your phone to control spotify?

You would need the server for the app installed on your pc also, so make sure that is installed aswell and running if you havent  already so that your remote app can detect it

Make sure your firewall or antivirus isnt blocking connections

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I am using the android version of spotify. I dont know if it answer the question. 

Also, when I am on my computer it can communicate with my phone but the contrary isnt true. I dont get why. I go to the device availlable and on my pc I have both my pc and phone but on my phone I dont have the pc. 

Oh, well nevermind it seems like a force reboot of the application work. It was just a bug then ... strange.

Also I have the issue of my downloaded music on my phone being delete for no reason. When you have over 3000 songs on your phone is kind of frustrating. 

Do you know what cause this issue ? 

Marked as solution

Ah sorry i misunderstood your question

I thought you were wanting to use your phone as a remote control for your pc but you were on about spotify connect...nevermind glad you fixed it anyway

As for your other issue,you are not alone,there are tons of other users having the same problem but doesnt seem to be a solution to it

If you have a look onthe forum there are a lot of threads of people complaining about this

Maybe get in touch with spotify support and keep your fingers crossed

Here is just one of the threads https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Downloaded-music-randomly-deleted/td-p/1476873

Suggested posts