Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Corsair K70 Multimedia Keys

Solved!

Corsair K70 Multimedia Keys

I have a Corsair Vengeance K70 with dedicated multimedia keys that I can't seem  to figure out how to use with the Spotify app, not the web player. The only media key that works is the stop button, but all of the other ones work in every other program I use. Does anyone have a solution, preferably one that does not involve running a third party program alongside Spotify? 
Thanks

EDIT: I just discovered that I can hold ALT and press the media keys, and they work, but I'd rather not have to do that, as the ALT key I use quite often in games and other programs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Chazhammer!

I had the same issue with my own Corsair K70. The reason it works with alt key is probably that another application has priority to the multimedia keys. For me it was an app in chrome, namely Google play music. I disabled that app and now the keys work great in spotify. 

It might be some other application that is in the way for you. Just thought I'd share my experience, hope it helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Chazhammer!

I had the same issue with my own Corsair K70. The reason it works with alt key is probably that another application has priority to the multimedia keys. For me it was an app in chrome, namely Google play music. I disabled that app and now the keys work great in spotify. 

It might be some other application that is in the way for you. Just thought I'd share my experience, hope it helps! 🙂

it is maybe because spotify dont support Windows HID service wich is what i have read on corsairs forum for the k70 and k95 RGB

I take it there has been no updated to this?  I haven't been able to find further information so ended up using AutoHotKey to control my media but it sucks because one of the reasons I purchased the K70 was because of the media keys. 😕

worked for me as well, thanks!

This worked for me. Thank you!

Disabling Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service worked for me.

More info here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Community-Blog/Post-of-the-Week-Windows-Media-Keys-Fix/ba-p...

That worked for me . cheers buddy

Disabling Google Play Music chrome extension fixed this for me on the Corsair K95 Platinum

If you go to chrome > Advanced > reset. this will reset extensions that conflict with media keys. hope this helps

Suggested posts