Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Radio stations have the exact same songs every time Spotify loads and radio station playback issues

Hello. Recently (in the last month or so) it appears that Spotify radio was changed so that you could see in the future of what radio was going to play whereas before you could only see what was played in the past. Since that change, all of my radio ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. Recently (in the last month or so) it appears that Spotify radio was changed so that you could see in the future of what radio was going to play whereas before you could only see what was play...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Reinstalling Spotify

In june, i was told to update spotify. I updated it, and it glitched out. I thought it was an installation issue. Uninstalled and attempted to reinstall and it wouldn't reinstall. I have tried all summer to reinstall. My laptop is a 64-bit. I have tr...

• In june, i was told to update spotify. I updated it, and it glitched out. I thought it was an installation issue. Uninstalled and attempted to reinstall and it wouldn't reinstall. I have tried al...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 802 every time a Rolling Rock Commercial Comes on

Every time a Rolling Rock Commercial comes on, it freezes up Spotify and I have to exit and re-open it to be able to listen to music. I'm really surprised that there is no "repport problem" button. This seems like a simple glitch that they should fix...

• Every time a Rolling Rock Commercial comes on, it freezes up Spotify and I have to exit and re-open it to be able to listen to music. I'm really surprised that there is no "repport problem" button. T...
  • ben63vw
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

SpotifyHelper.exe CPU usage on Windows

I opened a ticket with Spotify support a couple of weeks back to troubleshoot the fact that the SpotifyHelper.exe processes seemed to be using constant CPU of around 8% to 10% no matter what I was doing in Spotify, even if I wasn't playing music. I p...

• Casual Listener
  • I opened a ticket with Spotify support a couple of weeks back to troubleshoot the fact that the SpotifyHelper.exe processes seemed to be using constant CPU of around 8% to 10% no matter what I was do...
  • Tomcat
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.12

What's new in this version (0.9.12) Moved Discover from the side menu into Browse Fictitious: All backend changes were done by Mr. Schrödinger, and they weren't. Important to note -

ReleaseNotesDesk.jpg
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  •   What's new in this version (0.9.12)   Moved Discover from the side menu into Browse Fictitious: All backend changes were done by Mr. Schrödinger, and they weren't. ...
  • Goodman
  • Community Manager
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes

Playlist stuck on loading

Hi One of my playlists shows its name as just 'Loading...', with no songs inside. No amount of logging out/in helps Also, this issue is present in my Android app as well as the web player. Help!

• Hi One of my playlists shows its name as just 'Loading...', with no songs inside. No amount of logging out/in helps Also, this issue is present in my Android app as well as the web player. Help!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! local files artist and album fields are greyed out and will not sync with iphone if in a playlist

when I add some local files the artist name and album name are greyed out. They are not protected files (I checked DRM). They play on the PC from local files or a playlist, but when I add them to a playlist and make them available offline, they do no...

• when I add some local files the artist name and album name are greyed out.  They are not protected files (I checked DRM).  They play on the PC from local files or a playlist, but when I add...
  • ryanknighton88
  • Casual Listener
  • 41 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 41 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify radio doesn't remember likes/dislikes

I'm using Spotify radio almost everyday, and usually I do some likes, but I have no new songs in my playlist from February. What could it be? No matters if a like either from phone or pc app

• I'm using Spotify radio almost everyday, and usually I do some likes, but I have no new songs in my playlist from February.   What could it be?   No matters if a like either fr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search is broken

It should be possible to search for querys that are not perfectly correct but, in a sense, still are. Example (in swedish): Search: "inatt jag drömde" -> top hit: "Partiet - Inatt jag drömde" (well ofc, this is a perfect match but with less than 100k...

• It should be possible to search for querys that are not perfectly correct but, in a sense, still are. Example (in swedish):   Search: "inatt jag drömde"   -> top hit: "Par...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where is Discover tab?

Hello, Today, when I've typed premium code, I've seen that "Discover" option disappeared. Why?

• Hello,    Today, when I've typed premium code, I've seen that "Discover" option disappeared.   Why?
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting a 408 error even though I have the Canada code...

Hi everybody, I got my code to get Spotify in Canada about a month ago. I've been using it a lot and it's great. However just today, in my desktop spotify app it's showing a 408 (out of country) error. I just noticed on my profile it says I'm in the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody, I got my code to get Spotify in Canada about a month ago. I've been using it a lot and it's great. However just today, in my desktop spotify app it's showing a 408 (out of country) er...
  • montans_a
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Missing created playlist within client from web-based embedded multitrack list (0.9.12.10)

Description: In last versions it was possible to get a new created playlist within spotify client as soon as played any song from a web-based embedded multitrack playlist. Now in this version no playlist appears. To reproduce: - generate a web-based ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description: In last versions it was possible to get a new created playlist within spotify client as soon as played any song from a web-based embedded multitrack playlist. Now in this version no pl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! installation of version 0.9.12 crashes

Hi everybody, This morning my spotify desktop player asked to be restarted to apply the update 0.9.12. The PC froze and had to hard-reset it. Also after the restart, Spotify could not apply the update, so I've unistalled it, but now, I cannot install...

• Hi everybody, This morning my spotify desktop player asked to be restarted to apply the update 0.9.12. The PC froze and had to hard-reset it. Also after the restart, Spotify could not apply the upd...
  • Dirge
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline cache issues

I've been a Spotify premium user for well over a year now, and in recent months I've had countless issues syncing my Windows desktop client, to the point I've considered it's probably more efficient to simply stream everything and cancel my subscript...

• I've been a Spotify premium user for well over a year now, and in recent months I've had countless issues syncing my Windows desktop client, to the point I've considered it's probably more effic...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing Activity Bar

For several months now I have been unable to see what any of the people I am following are listening to. I have tried a number of things - reinstalling, looking through the forums, looking through settings, waiting for update after update in blind fa...

• Casual Listener
  • For several months now I have been unable to see what any of the people I am following are listening to. I have tried a number of things - reinstalling, looking through the forums, looking through se...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred list won't update between devices

I'm a premium subscriber. I have Spotify installed on three devices: my home computer (Running Windows 8.1 64-bit), my laptop (Running Windows 8.1 32-bit) and my iPhone 4S. I recently cleaned up some of the playlists on my home computer, deleting a f...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a premium subscriber. I have Spotify installed on three devices: my home computer (Running Windows 8.1 64-bit), my laptop (Running Windows 8.1 32-bit) and my iPhone 4S. I recently cleaned up some...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! list by topic is greyed out on this forum

What it says: If I log out each topic is listed as it should be, but if I log in I get every individual post listed without the option of changing to anything more digestible.

• Music Fan
  • What it says:   If I log out each topic is listed as it should be, but if I log in I get every individual post listed without the option of changing to anything more digestible.   &...
  • StevenR
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My Friends Spotify is attached to my facebook? My Playlists are gone!

Whenever I log into my spotify, my playlists do not show up, but a friend of mine's who had logged onto the device after I did. It shows up under my name, and my profile picture associated with facebook. However, if I log onto this site, my name show...

• Whenever I log into my spotify, my playlists do not show up, but a friend of mine's who had logged onto the device after I did.    It shows up under my name, and my profile picture asso...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop player crashes every time I try to play any song

I am running Win7 Pro with service pack 1 and just reinstalled Spotify, which according the the about screen, is version 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc. Prior to reinstalling Spotify, every time I would try to play any song the program would crash. I uninstalle...

• Not applicable
  • I am running Win7 Pro with service pack 1 and just reinstalled Spotify, which according the the about screen, is version 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc. Prior to reinstalling Spotify, every time I would try to ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes