Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app crashes immediately when trying to login.  No error messages or anything.  Never had issues before.  I have tried a clean install both from the direct download as well as from the Windows store.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got this resolved.  Believe it or not, I even did a full system reset and completely reinstalled Windows and still had the same issue where I couldn't get into the Spotify app.  The other weird part of this was that the only other program that was not functioning properly was Microsoft Word.  What fixed both issues for me (after full system reset) was updating my Nvidia GeForce graphics drivers to the latest version.  How bizarre is that?  Anyway, I'm all good now and my computer is empty so I guess that's good!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @ricbah, help's here. 

Does this happen when logging in on other devices as well? We suggest that you do the following:

• Reinstall the app, but this time after uninstalling, remove anything Spotify-related under the "/appdata/" folder and then install. 
  • Remove all your offline devices from your account page.
  • Reset your password to ensure this is not password-related.

If that doesn't help, let us know some more info, such as when exactly this happens? Do you see your music before it crashes? A screenshot, or even better a screen recording would be helpful.

All the best!

Hi Jemi, thanks for replying.  I have completed the steps you mentioned, no change.  Nothing happens at all when I try to login- I type in my username/password and press enter and the app just disappears.  No error message, nothing to go on at all.  I have recorded a video which I will send to you in a PM.

I also forgot to mention I am not having this issue on any other device.

Marked as solution

I got this resolved.  Believe it or not, I even did a full system reset and completely reinstalled Windows and still had the same issue where I couldn't get into the Spotify app.  The other weird part of this was that the only other program that was not functioning properly was Microsoft Word.  What fixed both issues for me (after full system reset) was updating my Nvidia GeForce graphics drivers to the latest version.  How bizarre is that?  Anyway, I'm all good now and my computer is empty so I guess that's good!

Hey @ricbah.

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know that the issue has been fixed.

Happy listening!

Have a nice day 🙂

Plan: Premium

Device: Desktop

Operating System: MacOS Ventura 13.3

Just had this same problem. No error message, the Spotify desktop app would just close as soon as the "authentication complete" screen showed up in my browser.

Finally fixed it when I turned off my work VPN. Adding to this thread in case it helps someone 🙂

Suggested posts