Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crashing on Windows 7

Solved!

Crashing on Windows 7

Spotify crashes (stops responding) and needs to be forced to quit when trying to play any song from a playlist or radio. Spotify worked for months before this happened. Recently there have been several updates to Spotify which I have installed. I regret it now. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. Same issue. Spotify still works on my iPhone.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (up to date); clean version installed by the computer manufacturer

Spotify Version 0.9.1.43.gca4c2c73

Internet provider: Time Warner Cable (US)

User name: simkhovitch (premium member)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Sorry to be a pain, but can you try uninstalling Spotify again, manually deleting these folders (which will be hidden):

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Spotify

If they still exist and then reinstalling Spotify again? Also, once installed, go to Edit > Preferences > Playback and untick the Enable Hardware Acceleration option and restart. Does that help? If not, some people have reported that removing local file sources from Spotify also improves stability. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Peter, thank you! Reinstalling and unticking the enable hardware acceleration worked. FYI I didn't have to remove the local files.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Sorry to be a pain, but can you try uninstalling Spotify again, manually deleting these folders (which will be hidden):

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Spotify

If they still exist and then reinstalling Spotify again? Also, once installed, go to Edit > Preferences > Playback and untick the Enable Hardware Acceleration option and restart. Does that help? If not, some people have reported that removing local file sources from Spotify also improves stability. 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Peter, thank you! Reinstalling and unticking the enable hardware acceleration worked. FYI I didn't have to remove the local files.

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know! 🙂 

Enjoy your music!

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts