Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create a similar playlist

Create a similar playlist

Hello, I wanted to ask you spotify developers, why are you disabling this function in the desktop player? It's supposed to be there but I can't click it any longer.

I don't like this kind of behaviour, I'm paying for this "premium service" so, if there's no solution to this in a week, you leave me no option but to unsuscribe.

asdawfwafs.png

6 Replies

Hey @emilianobv,

Do you own the playlist? I believe you cannot create a similar playlist of a playlist that you don't own.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This has worked on other people's playlists in previous versions. And why should this function be restricted to your own playlists? Makes no sense to me.

I've passed your feedback onto Spotify about this 🙂

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm dealing with the same issue. It was working fine the other day. Now I'm unable to. How come? I use this mostly on my Discovery weekly playlist but it doesn't do it for even my own playlists anymore. 

Now with the update it says "Discover weekly by spotify". Of course, now it's not created by me, but before it worked for me... I think it shouldn't be that way for me, because it's supposed that if I like something I will want to listen even more music from that kind. 

For me it helps a lot because I always enjoy the discover weekly playlist, but sometimes I need more music before the week ends. In a way it helps me to find more quickly what I like so, that's the reason why I'm posting here, it's supposed to be an easy to use software, not something that annoys people in such a vast collection of music.

A way to get around it - on the desktop app, select all the tracks in the playlist (Ctrl + A), then right click and select "Add to Playlist" > "New Playlist" and rename the new playlist to whatever you want.

Suggested posts