Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Creative G6 unable to play at 32-Bit/384kHz

Solved!

Creative G6 unable to play at 32-Bit/384kHz

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Operating System

Windows 10 1903

My Question or Issue

When I set my Sound BlasterX G6 to 32-Bit/384kHz Spotify is unable to play any music. (Other Apps/Sources work just fine) No error at lower resolutions for example 32-Bit/96kHz. I know that Spotify use a lower resolution. But I did not want to change it for Spotify everytime.

Im sorry for the bad english. Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sebi4, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Referencing an official Spotify comment on this closed Issue thread:

Spotify currently does not support a sample rate higher than 24-bit/192kHz whereas this is the maximum available set up for 320kbps (the highest resolution on Spotify as of right now).

Any news regarding lossless quality with higher sample rates will be announced in the original idea topic here.

We suggest using always a set up not higher than 192kHz for Spotify to properly work.

Sorry that there doesn't appear to be any solution. If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello,

When you say that there is "no error at lower resolutions", does this mean you are receiving an error when using higher resolutions? If so, would you please provide a screenshot or the message of the error to assist in troubleshooting this issue?

With the Sound Blaster, do you have the software drivers installed for it? If not, I would recommend installing them. Additionally, you may look for a "high quality" sound option within the Software, enabling it, and trying to play songs at a higher resolution on Spotify again. 

Hello,

I receive an error message at higher resolution of my G6 in Spotify. (https://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=200066&c)

failure.PNG

32-Bit 384kHz.PNG

The highest resolution in Spotify is no Problem. (32-Bit 96kHz is more than CD quality)

lower resolution.PNGsettings.PNG32-Bit 96kHz.PNG

The lastest driver and firmware is installed

Thanks for your help

Marked as solution

Hey @Sebi4, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Referencing an official Spotify comment on this closed Issue thread:

Spotify currently does not support a sample rate higher than 24-bit/192kHz whereas this is the maximum available set up for 320kbps (the highest resolution on Spotify as of right now).

Any news regarding lossless quality with higher sample rates will be announced in the original idea topic here.

We suggest using always a set up not higher than 192kHz for Spotify to properly work.

Sorry that there doesn't appear to be any solution. If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know!

Hey @Jacob, thanks for your answer.
I'm sorry that the Issue was already known.

Suggested posts