Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Custom Station - Able To Create with Multiple Artists via New Playlist?

Solved!

Custom Station - Able To Create with Multiple Artists via New Playlist?

Hi...

I understand that I can create a CUSTOM STATION by adding multiple artists to a playlist (and then, supposedly, there will be a “playlist radio” option to select…?)  Anyhow, I created a new playlist, but I can’t figure out how to get an artist / artist station added to my playlist, let alone multiple artists.  Any help would be greatly appreciated - IF, in fact, this can be done.

Thanks!

Andy

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So there isn't any "custom radio", per se.  Well, I can do what you suggested -  a little more tedious / time-consuming than if the functionality was there - or I can add songs / albums from various artists and shuffle the songs (and create the playlist from those artists, though I'm not sure if I can shuffle a playlist)...or I can select different radio station artists as the mood fits me.  I have a few options, but I wish the functionality for a custom radio station was in place - would make like so much easier.

Thanks, Peter.

Andy

View solution in original post

5 Replies

To add to this - I see that if I start an Artist radio station, it does give me the option to add to my playlist.  However, it appears to only add the current SONG - NOT the station itself.

Maybe the functionality I'm looking for isn't in place, but bottom line:  Can I create a custom station with multiple artists / multiple stations?

Thanks...

Andy

The radio system uses the artists who are on the playlist as the seed artists to generate radio content. If you are using playlist radio, you just need to have the artists you want in that playlist before you start it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter...thanks for the reply.

But when I try to add artists to a playlist, it adds one song for each - not the artist itself.  How do I add multiple artists to a playlist?  When I bring up an artist, I see "Play Radio" and "Follow" - but I don't see any way to add artists to a playlist.

Thanks...

Andy

You can only add tracks to playlists, I would just suggest adding a handful of tracks from each artist you want to that playlist.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

So there isn't any "custom radio", per se.  Well, I can do what you suggested -  a little more tedious / time-consuming than if the functionality was there - or I can add songs / albums from various artists and shuffle the songs (and create the playlist from those artists, though I'm not sure if I can shuffle a playlist)...or I can select different radio station artists as the mood fits me.  I have a few options, but I wish the functionality for a custom radio station was in place - would make like so much easier.

Thanks, Peter.

Andy

Suggested posts