Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Why i can't search and view my profile?

I'm a user from Hong Kong so my English may be so bad. my spotify has no problem till these days i cannot check my profile, it shows "please go online to view user profile" and i cannot search song too. when i type something in the search bar nothing...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a user from Hong Kong so my English may be so bad.   my spotify has no problem till these days i cannot check my profile, it shows "please go online to view user profile" and i canno...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Show me how to disable upload / p2p

Hi, I pay Spotify $10/month (premium) Please tell me how to disable upload / p2p stuff that makes me lag every 5 minutes. Can't enjoy playing games while listening to music. I have AT&T U-verse with a crappy 1.5mpbs upload. I also heard that AT&T thr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I pay Spotify $10/month (premium)   Please tell me how to disable upload / p2p stuff that makes me lag every 5 minutes.  Can't enjoy playing games while listening to music.  ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists Vanished?

Logged in today, was told I had wrong password, which wasn't correct. My name and profile pic are still the same, but I can't find any of my playlists! If someone would help me find thwem, I'd be so grateful! Thanks! Cathy Philpot

• Visitor
  • Logged in today, was told I had wrong password, which wasn't correct. My name and profile pic are still the same, but I can't find any of my playlists! If someone would help me find thwem, I'd be so ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

restarted logged out

I restarted, logged out and back in and my activity log is, my profile and user's profiles are still unavailable...

• Casual Listener
  • I restarted, logged out and back in and my activity log is, my profile and user's profiles are still unavailable...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Could not synchronize playlists

Was getting this message in yellow bar constantly in older versions 8.5.133 "could not synchronize playlists, retrying". Then began getting them on my work computer also. Constantly there. Making spotify social completely shut down, the "played" feed...

• Visitor
  • Was getting this message in yellow bar constantly in older versions 8.5.133 "could not synchronize playlists, retrying".  Then began getting them on my work computer also.  Constantly there...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost playlists and account

I just used a facebook-link for a friends album-suggestion while beeing logged on to my Spotify premium account. The program quit and reappeared with the album. My name is still in top, right corner, but my account seems to have disappeared. All play...

• Regular
  • I just used a facebook-link for a friends album-suggestion while beeing logged on to my Spotify premium account. The program quit and reappeared with the album. My name is still in top, right co...
  • stianschjelderu
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Windows Phone

Is there anyway I can install Spotify on my Windows Phone without going to the App Store? It's not available in the Windowsphone App Store in my country. Thank you!

• Is there anyway I can install Spotify on my Windows Phone without going to the App Store? It's not available in the Windowsphone App Store in my country.   Thank you!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No minimized mode on startup

Spotify opens on startup, but not in minimized mode as it's set. Any idea? (win 7 32bit)

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify opens on startup, but not in minimized mode as it's set. Any idea? (win 7 32bit)
  • Akos
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to minimize Spotify on Win7 x64

I jus installed Spotify .9.7.16 on Windows 7 x64 with dual monitors. I'm not able to minimize the Spotify window. By that I mean the full Spotify window with the main/apps/your music window refuses to minimize to the task bar. If I click on the minim...

• I jus installed Spotify .9.7.16 on Windows 7 x64 with dual monitors. I'm not able to minimize the Spotify window. By that I mean the full Spotify window with the main/apps/your music window refuses t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't search for playlists or friends?

Coming back to spotify after a few months and I'm clearly just missing something but I can't seem to search for playlists or facebook friends. I go to "follow" which seems to be the only sensible option but this brings up only a top bunch of friends ...

• Coming back to spotify after a few months and I'm clearly just missing something but I can't seem to search for playlists or facebook friends. I go to "follow" which seems to be the only sensible o...
  • McNerem
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! spotify Connect

Good morning or afternoon I just want to use spotify-connect! How do set it up? I'm just trying to connect it to a desktop which is connected to my speakers, so if other words what do I need to do to make that work. I also have spotify premium. I'm r...

• Casual Listener
  • Good morning or afternoon   I just want to use spotify-connect! How do set it up? I'm just trying to connect it to a desktop which is connected to my speakers, so if other words what do I ne...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer view my friends current play queue

I have searched high and low and I cannot find a solution on how to view what my friends are listening to. This used to appear on the right hand side of my spotify screen on a PC. Please help.

• I have searched high and low and I cannot find a solution on how to view what my friends are listening to.  This used to appear on the right hand side of my spotify screen on a PC.  Please ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Gapless Playback and Max Richter - Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi, the Four Seasons

This Album doesn't do Gapless playback, while it should. Is this a feature or a problem of Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • This Album doesn't do Gapless playback, while it should. Is this a feature or a problem of Spotify?
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting Local File Names to Show in a Shared Playlist

Ok this is a weird question, but I understand why Spotify won't allow someone else to play my local files on a playlist I share with them, but I wonder if there is a way for at least the title of the song to show up on their end? I ask because I use ...

• Regular
  • Ok this is a weird question, but I understand why Spotify won't allow someone else to play my local files on a playlist I share with them, but I wonder if there is a way for at least the title of the...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Playlist

My playlist "no...no nonono" or something disappeared. And instead my old playlist that i deleted came up when i logged in. What's happening?

• My playlist "no...no nonono" or something disappeared.  And instead my old playlist that i deleted came up when i logged in. What's happening?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Troubles finding playlists

Dear Spotify, I love to make playlists of a specific genre, the problem is nobody can find my playlists. I also tryed to searche for the playlist of my friends (who are public) and could find them eigther. Do you know the solusion for this problem, I...

• Dear Spotify,   I love to make playlists of a specific genre, the problem is nobody can find my playlists. I also tryed to searche for the playlist of my friends (who are public...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ability to delete radio stations

Please please please PLEASE let us delete radio stations! I have a slight form of OCD and love to clean up my music folders, playlists, etc and I have several radio stations that didn't work and I hate how they still show up. I've read many similar r...

• Please please please PLEASE let us delete radio stations! I have a slight form of OCD and love to clean up my music folders, playlists, etc and I have several radio stations that didn't work and I ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist wechsel beim Song weiterschalten

Hallo ich hab folgendes Problem:Ich hab 3 Playlisten auf 2 Laptops offline verfügbar gemacht, weil ich an dem Standort kein Internet hab. Nun hab ich aber bei einem Laptop das Problem, wenn ich ein Lied weiterschalte oder es automatisch weitergeht, n...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo ich hab folgendes Problem: Ich hab 3 Playlisten auf 2 Laptops offline verfügbar gemacht, weil ich an dem Standort kein Internet hab.   Nun hab ich aber bei einem Laptop das Problem,...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Add to Play Queue with Keyboard Shortcut

Surely there has to be a keyboard shortcut to add a song to the Play Queue? Either I have glaringly missed it or there surely needs to be a keyborad shortcut added? CTRL + Q on Windows seems like a logical option in my mind if there isn't already one

• Surely there has to be a keyboard shortcut to add a song to the Play Queue?   Either I have glaringly missed it or there surely needs to be a keyborad shortcut added?   CTRL + Q on ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 21 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 21 likes

Explicit songs are playing as clean....???

Lots of songs on my playlists that are marked as explicit have magically started playing their clean counterparts and its quite annoying. I am an adult and I don't want to listen to listen to clean songs. This started about a week ago. What's going o...

• Casual Listener
  • Lots of songs on my playlists that are marked as explicit have magically started playing their clean counterparts and its quite annoying. I am an adult and I don't want to listen to listen to clean s...
  • timmay0000
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes