Premium Family

Country

Canada

Device

Dell XPS 13

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Daily Mixes are now gone as a link on my Spotify desktop application (it used to be the first link under "Your Library"). When I try to search for the Daily Mix application, I get the message "Your Daily Mix is not available Offline, Please go online to load" but I am online. My Friend activity feed has also disappeared, and is now replaced with the message "Hmm the Friend Feed failed to load try again" and it never works when I try again. 

I've tried reinstalling Spotify 4 times, from the desktop version and the windows store version. The first time I open it after reinstalling, everything is fine. However, after I turn off my computer and restart it, the same problems persist. Please help! See screenshot for the problem.

dailymix.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hm, that's strange, make sure to log out then back in which I'm pretty sure you've done already, please try to reset your hosts file by following the given tutorial: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default

Tell me if that fixes it!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I went ahead and tried to edit my hosts file to get the same error you did (It's a common way to remove ads), if your hosts file is modified Spotify seems to restrict you from accessing the internet, in order to fix this, please remove whatever host modifications you have that mess with Spotify's ads, for it's the only way to fix this issue.

I have made ZERO modifications to Spotify as I am a Premium user and don't get ads anyway. Are there any alternative solutions??

Hm, have you made any single modification to your hosts file? If you have, you need to clear the edits in order to fix it.

Your hosts file could've been modified by a program as well, it's recommended you check your hosts file.

No I have no idea what a host file even is, not tech saavy enough for that... 

Marked as solution

Hm, that's strange, make sure to log out then back in which I'm pretty sure you've done already, please try to reset your hosts file by following the given tutorial: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default

Tell me if that fixes it!

That seemed to have worked just now, thank you so much!!!

You're welcome!

I cannot change the hosts file. Using Windows 10...  says I don't have the rights to edit something in that folder and there's no option to open as administrator.

Any other suggestions?

That has to do with your permissions with your admin rights. Try using an admin account and if you are change the level of security access that you can access...not sure what its called but its something like that. 

Suggested posts