Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Album art of current song disappeared on desktop player

Solved!

[Desktop] Album art of current song disappeared on desktop player

So the most recent update jacked with a lot of key features.  Among them was the album art display (and sizing) that was available for whatever song you were currently playing.

See image for what's missing.

These little functionality grabs are like slow torture.  What's next?

Screenshot 2020-12-21 140034.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @robert_joy

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

First up, make sure you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC. This will remove any corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

Another thing worth trying is checking your hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks for the tip @Ivan!  So good news is that I got the album art back.  Bad news is that I completely lost my friends feed!  What the? How do I get that back?!?  It's like one of the only truly social features in the app!!

UPDATE:  NVM, I cleared Spotify cookies and that did the trick with the friend feed.  Thanks again!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @robert_joy

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

First up, make sure you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC. This will remove any corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

Another thing worth trying is checking your hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Marked as solution

Thanks for the tip @Ivan!  So good news is that I got the album art back.  Bad news is that I completely lost my friends feed!  What the? How do I get that back?!?  It's like one of the only truly social features in the app!!

UPDATE:  NVM, I cleared Spotify cookies and that did the trick with the friend feed.  Thanks again!

Suggested posts