Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Latest Version of Spotify on my PC from the website keeps Crashing

[Desktop] Latest Version of Spotify on my PC from the website keeps Crashing

I'm a Premium User and I've been using Spotify for about 7/8 months but recently every time I open Spotify on my computer it crashes after 3-5 seconds and I have tried logging out, deleting all the files and reinstalling but nothing is working, Its completely fine on my phone and web app but it's not the same I have the latest Windows version also UK Spotify
Any Resolutions? 

1 Reply

Same problem. Every time I update to version 1.1.48.602 it keeps crashing when I try to start it.

I then run the "SpotifySetup.exe" from the website and it installs version 1.1.47.684.g136419d9 and that works and doesn't crash (without a complete reinstall, somehow). Upon closing and reopening it, it auto updates to the newer version above and the problem happens again.

Full reinstall does not help. I have tried in compatibility mode for windows 7, disabled hardware acceleration, etc.

The only help I got from the live chat when I reported this yesterday was to use the Microsoft store app, which uses the same version that works for me with this version of the program (1.1.47.684.g136419d9).

Suggested posts