Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Fix layout on large desktop displays

[Desktop][Playlists] Fix layout on large desktop displays

Hello Spotify Team,

Thank you for the latest UI update. I'm using Spotify on a large (27") display in a separate "desktop" in full-screen mode so I can easily access it with just one button.

Previously the song information was easy to read and nicely centered on the display. Now the song information takes maximum horizontal space. The song names are over 10 cm to the left compared to previous layout. I have to literally turn my head just to read the song names.

I hope you look into this or neck pains for many listeners will be imminent.

old_layout.png
new_layout.png
2 Replies

Hey there @solarsailer,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We'll be happy to forward your feedback to the right team here.

We just need a bit more info, could you send us screenshots of what you see, so that we could take a closer look?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

Added the pictures for clarification. If you open those with a large monitor in full-screen mode you'll understand the problem better.

The problem is even worse on ultra widescreen monitors. See https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/New-Update-Does-Not-Adapt-to-Wider-Aspect-Ratios/m-...

As a sidenote, I also noticed that the song and artist names are now in the same column witch makes them even harder to read.

Please consider using eye tracking tools internally before testing these layouts with the general public. 

Suggested posts