Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] adding a song goes to bottom of the playlist

Solved!

[Desktop][Playlists] adding a song goes to bottom of the playlist

The new upgrade adds songs to the top of a playlist instead the bottom how it used to be.  Please change this back!  I queue up songs in my playlists and listen to them first in first out.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Mario,

It looks like an update went through yesterday and songs are being added to the end of the playlist again.

Clicking on the "date added" also works as a workaround but it seems to monkey with the order vs the original order.  The fix that went in yesterday is much better.

I wanted to make sure we we get the delete button, control C, P, X back and that functionality didn't come back with the last fix.  What is the best way to provide that feedback--in a new post?

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Spotify used to place new songs at the bottom of a playlist, now it adds at the top. This is very difficult when you have been cultivating a playlist for a long time and then have to drag that to the bottom - sometimes hundreds of songs long! Please make newly added songs go to the end of a playlist again.

Updated on 2020-12-01

Hey there,

Thanks for writing about this here in the Community.

Just to confirm, what happens if you sort your playlist by added song date or click on that icon a couple times? Does this invert the order you see now? 

Keep us posted 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hi Mario,

It looks like an update went through yesterday and songs are being added to the end of the playlist again.

Clicking on the "date added" also works as a workaround but it seems to monkey with the order vs the original order.  The fix that went in yesterday is much better.

I wanted to make sure we we get the delete button, control C, P, X back and that functionality didn't come back with the last fix.  What is the best way to provide that feedback--in a new post?

Thanks,

Matt

Hey there @mattkelsey00,

Thanks for confirming new songs are placed at the bottom of the playlist again 🙂

There are a number of other fixes that have been pushed through with the latest release. If you press [Ctrl] [/] or [?] you can see all the Keyboard Shortcuts. Removing tracks in a playlist should also work if you hit the Backspace key.

You're welcome to leave any feedback you have related to this update in the thread here. Our developers are taking everything that's being shared in there under consideration, so any suggestions you have to improve the new experience will be greatly appreciated.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ver and Xenia, could one of you please see to it that somebody from Spotify posts an actual response in the Desktop Experience Feedback thread?

I know that's not as easy as copy-pasting the, "clean reinstall," or, "here's the feedback thread," stock responses, but your customers are getting tired of this.

Thanks for the tip on using the backspace to delete--that works but I don't really understand why you don't let the delete button work as well.  I used the control /? but there are no control C,V,X like there used to be.  This is very frustrating because it used to work and I don't understand how removing this standard windows functionality would be beneficial to anyone.

Thanks,

Matt

huh

Suggested posts