Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app is working on my smartphone account, but doesn't work on my desktop account. I'm not able to start playing any music. I'd already unistalled and installed again, searched for updates and cleaned the cache with Avast Cleanup.
I also tried to open my account on another desktop and continues not working, when my friend's account works perfectly.
I also tried to open spotify directly from web and apears a message "Something went wrong" 😕 
Dont know what to do next.

Spotify - Google Chrome 16_02_2021 13_44_37.png
Spotify Premium 16_02_2021 13_26_27.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @catarinaadao

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you let us know if your account is working fine on a different device such as a phone?

Also, could you check if you have entries containing Spotify in your Host files and delete those?

You can follow this Solution for instructions.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @catarinaadao

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you seeing the error message only in the web player or is there also a message in the desktop app?

We understand you've already tried reinstalling, but we'd like to suggest a clean reinstall of the app as this can be very helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I just did a clean reinstall right now and I came across the same problem.
I don't know if there's anything to do with my antivirus, specifically cleanup, that may be blocking Spotify. I also realized that when logging in to my account, my photo does not appear, just a number that I deduce to be my account number.
Don't know if that's relevant...

Hi @catarinaadao

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We'd recommend making sure that your Antivirus is not blocking or limiting the access to Spotify, as this could be a possible reason for the app or the web player to misbehave. 

You can also check that you're not connected to a network with a firewall. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello again @novy,

So I've done all these steps and I didn't detected any blockages either through Antivirus or Firewall.

I must emphasize that logging into my account through another desktop is the same. And entering a friend's account on my desktop doesn't work either, when on another computer that friend's account works perfectly.

I'm confused!

Marked as solution

Hi there @catarinaadao

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you let us know if your account is working fine on a different device such as a phone?

Also, could you check if you have entries containing Spotify in your Host files and delete those?

You can follow this Solution for instructions.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, through the smartphone it works perfectly.

And I already made a clean reinstall of the app but the issue stayed the same 😕

Hi again @catarinaadao

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Just to confirm, have you tried to delete your host files following the steps we sent in our previous message? Those steps are different from the clean reinstall. 

In case the issue persists after following those steps, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hot spot on your phone and using that - if that's possible.

Keep us posted!

EniModerator

Suggested posts