Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't delete playlist from home page

Can't delete playlist from home page

Please help me delete my already deleted (but actualy no) playlist from home page: Spotify Free 05.08.2021 17_22_13.png

When I trying delete it from Windows app nothing happens (button pressed, but nothing changed and dialog window not disappear). In Web wersion (cache cleared) I get success delete message (my library is empty), but playlist not hiden in home page.

Spotify 1.1.65.643.g2d707698-a

PS: why this forum is so broken? I'we spend half of hour just to register and send this message. No confirmation email, infinite page reloading, after presing "Post" button nothing happens. Actually something happened:

Blocked form submission to 'https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/postpage.messageeditorform.form.form.form' because the form's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-forms' permission is not set.

I haven't seen so many bugs for a long time. Of course, after each bug, my message was deleted and I had to recreate it, but I'm a programmer and I'm used to always making backups. Little things like that won't stop my bug reporting. But seriously - fix the forum for newbies. Everything is very unintuitive.

6 Replies

In addition to PS: I don't know what exactly interfered with, square brackets in title (replaced with rounded), link to imgur or a preview of deleted playlist, but I finally managed to send this message. Yay!

Hey there @Mikhail94

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you've been struggling to post here, we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks.

On another note, currently it's not possible to delete the shortcuts on the Home screen. 

In this case, you can consider adding your +VOTE to this idea, if this is a feature you'd like to see implemented in the future.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

After reading API docs I discover that playlists can't be deleted. User simply unsubscribes from playlist.  But it remains available via link. 

What a broken system. Now I understand why sometime tracks and albums that I liked are displayed as unliked. Due to different versions which are created when playlist is changed. But since I liked old track/playlist - it is not displayed on artist page because there is new revision and user metadata (likes, etc) is not migrated.

Architect who created such system is a real devіl.

PS: possible security issue - I can't change playlist visibility because it is deleted but available for everyone.

PSS: I meet another forum bug when typing this message

Снимок экрана 2021-08-08 181135.png

After two days of cheating on listening to various music, the deleted playlist finally disappeared from the home page. Hopefully it won't show up again.

It apears again. It looks like the problem is also in Spotify's recommendation algorithm which offers me a non-removable empty playlist over and over.

Hey @Mikhail94,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

As mentioned above by @Eni, currently the recommendations that appear on your Home screen are not editable. Users have already gathered around an Idea to change this, and it is here. You can show your support in the discussion there and propose or upvote all good suggestions you find. You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts