Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows app size is wrong after activating from tray

DevicePC with 3 displays - 4k(300% scale) + 1440p(100% scale) + 1440p(100% scale) Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter minimizing and restoring app, window size and position are wrong.This happens ONLY if one of the monitors has scali...

• Device PC with 3 displays - 4k(300% scale) + 1440p(100% scale) + 1440p(100% scale)  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After minimizing and restoring app, window size ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop local files not showing up on mobile playlists

I add songs from PC local files to a playlist that's downloaded on both platforms but it doesn't show up on mobile, I was told to go to settings > local files and turn on sync to desktop but there is no such option there.

• Gig Goer
  • I add songs from PC local files to a playlist that's downloaded on both platforms but it doesn't show up on mobile, I was told to go to settings > local files and turn on sync to desktop but there...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Issues
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop will crash after logging in

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo when I open Spotify from either the website download or the Microsoft store version, it automatically crashes after logging in. If it's already logged in, i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So when I open Spotify from either the website download or the Microsoft store vers...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Discover] Album preview & album view should be consistent

Why are my album recommendations on the home screen different from the album screen? That makes no sense. Please make this consistent.

rhino64_0-1636970740318.png rhino64_1-1636970755286.png
  • Regular
  • Why are my album recommendations on the home screen different from the album screen? That makes no sense. Please make this consistent.    
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

A firewall may be blocking spotify (Error Code:auth:3)

PlanFreeCountry USA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueTrying to solve my won't play any track past 5s problem so I uninstalled, cleaned, reinstalled (again) and now I can't even log in. Says there's a firewall problem, Error Code...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country USA   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Trying to solve my won't play any track past 5s problem so I uninstalled, cleaned, r...
  • Plomoparejo
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Friend Feed] Add button to quick show/hide Friend Activity

I sometimes use the "Friend Activity" feature, but I don't like it displayed all the time, and so I find it a bit inconvenient to have to go through two menus each time I feel like checking. I think it would be useful to have an easy toggle button so...

• Casual Listener
  • I sometimes use the "Friend Activity" feature, but I don't like it displayed all the time, and so I find it a bit inconvenient to have to go through two menus each time I feel like checking.  &...
  • komakino
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Friend Feed
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist not loading

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevice(Asus Rog Zephyrus G14)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI am constantly editing playlists, when i go back and forth between viewing albums and then back to my playlist I find that the playlist refuses ...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Device (Asus Rog Zephyrus G14) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I am constantly editing playlists, when i go back and forth b...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont play on my laptop

Spotify has stopped playing on my laptop. The elapsed time shows its moving through the song but remaining time doesnt change. No sound comes out of speakers yet Windows Media Player functions perfectly as do Teams meetings etc. Spotify will work on ...

• Spotify has stopped playing on my laptop.  The elapsed time shows its moving through the song but remaining time doesnt change.  No sound comes out of speakers yet Windows Media Player func...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to change location of cache data?!

I'm using spotify app on Windows 7 and after few days Spotify folder in AppData grows up to 8 GB. How to change it's location or move to another drive?

• Regular
  • I'm using spotify app on Windows 7 and after few days Spotify folder in AppData grows up to 8 GB. How to change it's location or move to another drive?
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify window management some time not work correctly on Windows 11

I had a problem that might long time ago since Windows 10 until now, it not resolved yet. Such as: minimize, maximize, or close. Some time, window management not work correctly, it little bit annoying. I try enabled or disable hardware acceleration, ...

• I had a problem that might long time ago since Windows 10 until now, it not resolved yet.  Such as: minimize, maximize, or close.  Some time, window management not work correctly, it littl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Name the Playlist when creating it not after.

When I want to create a new playlist, the system always automatically creates the that list with the default name of 'New Playlist.' I then have to manually edit it to give it the intended name. I think it would be helpful, similar to when editing a ...

• Roadie
  • When I want to create a new playlist, the system always automatically creates the that list with the default name of 'New Playlist.' I then have to manually edit it to give it the intended name. I th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't drag currently playing song to currently viewing Collaborative playlist

If I'm looking at list Collaborative list X, and trying to drag a currently playing song to it, it does not work. However if I'm looking at list any list Y, and then drag the currently playing song to the Collaborative list X on the left list-of-list...

• Roadie
  • If I'm looking at list Collaborative list X, and trying to drag a currently playing song to it, it does not work. However if I'm looking at list any list Y, and then drag the currently playing song t...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Playlist images disappear randomly when in folders

DeviceWindows 11 PC app (but the same is for windows 10 PC and Linux too) with tons of playlists (I have >2500) and the Desktop app from the Windows Store. IssueWhen using the Desktop app playlist covers just disappear randomly (this does not happen ...

Screenshot 2021-11-13 184817.png
  • Music Fan
  • Device Windows 11 PC app (but the same is for windows 10 PC and Linux too) with tons of playlists (I have >2500) and the Desktop app from the Windows Store.   Issue When using the Desktop...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • desktop app
    folders
    Playlists
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Black bar obscuring web player, occuring on firefox and edge, regardless of extensions

PlanFreeCountryBelgiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueA black bar obscures the bottom part of the web player. This is there when I'm on the homepage, listening to an album,... . It's approximately the size of one song in an album. Disa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Belgium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue A black bar obscures the bottom part of the web player. This is there when I'm on the homepage, listening to ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Create a Blend - bring back capability!

Please bring back the ability to Create a Blend with a Spotify friend/follower. I tried to follow the instructions provided in the Blend article, but there's no "+" available in the Made for You section of my account that would allow me to do this to...

• Regular
  • Please bring back the ability to Create a Blend with a Spotify friend/follower.  I tried to follow the instructions provided in the Blend article, but there's no "+" available in the Made for Yo...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play playlist from a specific song by searching

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a playlist of about 1000 songs. I'd like the ability to search for a song in the playlist and play the playlist in order from that song onward. This used to be...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a playlist of about 1000 songs.  I'd like the ability to search for a song in ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song won't appear in playlist if I add it. I have to do it twice

PlanPremiumCountryDenmark DevicePixel 4a 5g My Question or Issue When I add a song to the playlist, I check the playlist and it's not there even though I got a toast message that it was added. However, when I do it on second time, it's added. This is...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark   Device Pixel 4a 5g     My Question or Issue   When I add a song to the playlist, I check the playlist and it's not there even though I go...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Fullscreen now shows the artist's photo, not the album art?

Fullscreen doesn't show the album art big, just the artist's image? How do I fill a screen with the album art in fullscreen like I used to do?And you can't adjust the volume in full screen?

• Regular
  • Fullscreen doesn't show the album art big, just the artist's image? How do I fill a screen with the album art in fullscreen like I used to do? And you can't adjust the volume in full screen?
  • Kiril
  • 38 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 38 replies
  • 30 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Fullscreen mode

On the Windows desktop application when I have a full screen, i see the "three dots" and "minimize maximize close buttons" in the corners after some upgrades.is it a general problem or a problem I have?are there any settings so that they do not exist...

• Casual Listener
  • On the  Windows desktop application when I have a full screen, i see the "three dots" and "minimize maximize close buttons" in the corners after some upgrades. is it a general problem...
  • Kiril
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! When streaming to Sonos through Spotify App Autoplay seems to default

This is just started happening recently but when I'm streaming to my Sonos system, regardless of the speaker or device, if I play an album it automatically adds other songs to the end of the queue after the album tracks. It doesn't do this if I play ...

• Music Fan
  • This is just started happening recently but when I'm streaming to my Sonos system, regardless of the speaker or device, if I play an album it automatically adds other songs to the end of the queue af...
  • JalapenoMunich
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • autoplay
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes