Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone XR

Operating System

Windows 7

I know it is possible to import songs from my desktop computer to Spotify desktop app through local files. But, will I be able to listen to them in the Spotify app on my iPhone even if I leave the house? If yes, how ? Thank you !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Tipier,

We're sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

Could you go in to the settings menu of the app on your iPhone and the section Local files? There you can make sure that the option is enabled to synch local files from desktop. You should then be able to import your tunes by following the steps here. Keep in mind that the files need to be from official sources and in the supported formats. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Okay ! That is what I thought. No problem ... Thank you

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @Tipier, welcome to the community, and thanks for your post! Yes, with Spotify Premium it is possible to listen to your local files on your iPhone. Please check out this page for full details on syncing local files. Note, your phone will need to be connected to the same WiFi network as your PC while you download the playlist containing the local tracks.

dinomightSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the answer. But when I leave the house, I am no longer on the
WIFI of the house.

You only have to be connected to the same WiFi network while you're downloading the playlist because that's what allows the local tracks to actually sync from your computer to your phone. After that's been done, you'll be able to continue listening to them on your phone without being on that WiFi network.

dinomightSpotify Star

Okay ! I'll try this and get back to you next week with a comment. Thank you

No problem, definitely let us know if you have any more questions! 

dinomightSpotify Star

Unfortunately, I am unable to do so. However, on my Spotify app on my desktop, the Spotify Connect can see my iphone well. But when I transfer a song from my local files to my computer, it does not appear on my iphone. A window opens and says: Song not downloaded, if you have this song, synchronize it from your computer.

Marked as solution

Hey @Tipier,

We're sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

Could you go in to the settings menu of the app on your iPhone and the section Local files? There you can make sure that the option is enabled to synch local files from desktop. You should then be able to import your tunes by following the steps here. Keep in mind that the files need to be from official sources and in the supported formats. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

With your help and dinomight's help, I finally made it. It works on my iphone even if I leave the house. That's what I wanted to succeed. Do my friends also have access to these playlists if they have free Spotify?

Hey @Tipier,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy that you successfully imported your local files, have an awesome time rocking out to them! 

As for your question - sharing the playlist wouldn't work because the files need to be synched up from a desktop device on the same network. You can send your friends the files themselves over and if they have Premium, they can import them the same way you did.

Hope this answers your question and we'll be right here if anything else pops up 🙂

Mihail Moderator
Marked as solution

Okay ! That is what I thought. No problem ... Thank you

Suggested posts