NEXT STEP

Discography missing from artist page.

Discography missing from artist page.

Plan

Premium

Country

Greece

My Question or Issue

A couple of days earlier certain parts of discography disappeared under artist page. I can still access the album, since I can find it in my recently played list. I even can get it if I simply google it. So the album is still  available in Spotify and in my country as well.

But it is no longer available in the artist page.

Problems is the same on webpage, windows app, ipad and iphone app. Maybe has something to do with the latest update?

Panos

10 Replies

Hey there @panabeer

thanks for posting !

Can you please provide the artist and album name so i can look into it ?

Thanks 😃

Sure!

Artist name: Earthless

Album name: Black Heaven

Hey there @panabeer,

thanks for posting !

I've just searched for the artist and song on my personal account and was able to find them and play them easily.

If this happens only with this specific artist it's possible it was removed in your country.

Hi,

Thanks, but would I still be able to have access to that specific album though a simple  google search or by accessing it from recently played list?

If it was removed in my country (doesn't make sense though) why can I still lsiten to it through spotify?

Seems a little strange...

Hey there @panabeer,

I'm not sure what you mean by google searching the songs.

As far as it looks from here, the artist and albums are available for you to listen to them on Spotify.

Have a nice day 😃

Hi

By google searching for the album I mean that if I google search for "spotify earthless black heaven" I can access the album and open the link to Spotify audio player. That leaves no questions on whether the album is available in my country or not.

I don't know how it looks from there, but I assure you that from here it looks like something is not working properly on Spotify side.

I can access the album (not the proper way), but it still doesn't appear under artist page....

Any epxplanationswould be appreciated, thanks for your time spent though!

Hey @panabeer.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the late reply!

Do you mind sending us a screenshot showing us how you see the artist page on your device, specifically the albums under the heading Singles and EPs where Black Heaven should appear? 

Also, are you aware of any of your friends in your country experiencing this same issue?

Once we have that info, we can take a closer look 😉

Thanks! Looking forward to your reply.

Hi @Peter

Here's a screenshot from artist's discography view. As you can see the album Black Heaven is not present under albums, but only in Singles and EP's. Also keep in mind that this is not the only album by this artist that is missing....

Second screenshot is from the actual album view from my favourites albums list. It was available a few days ago under discography and disappeared from there after mid May.

Since the album is still available in my favourites list or recently played should mean that it's still available in my region. I have also checked on a friend's account (not premium) and same thing, as I am experiencing, happens.

Thank you for your help!album viewalbum viewdiscography viewdiscography view

Hey @panabeer.

Thanks for getting back to us with those screenshots 🙂

Just to confirm, are you saying that Black Heaven used to appear under Albums, but is now under Singles & EPs? If so, then it's likely that the artist themself decided to move the album under this section. The same goes for any albums that have been removed from the artist profile - you can learn more about why that is here.

The fact that this album still appears under Albums in Your Library is expected behaviour: when you save an album or EP/single, these are all saved under Albums, since EPs and singles are considered as albums.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you still have questions about this 🙂

Hi @Peter 

Yes, that is the case. Black Heaven was part, along with other albums, under Album section in artist page. It used to be there.

I guess since it's normal that the full album is still available in my saved/recently played list, it is probably because artist decided to do like this.

It would really be helpul to get feedback from other users and maybe by contacting directly the artist would solve this?

Thanks for your help!

Suggested posts