Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dislike Recommended song for current playlist feature

Dislike Recommended song for current playlist feature

My Feature request

Hi Spotify team, I did not find any topic like this, but I want to request a new simple feature for Recommended Songs in my Playlists.

As a Spotify User I want to be able to mark the recommended song as "Disliked" to never see that song as a recommended in current playlist again.

In current implementation of recommended songs I am not able to "Dislike"  the song, so basically top of my recommended songs is the same almost all the time till I click “Refresh” few times to skip top songs which I do not like ( because only such songs left there after few days of listening recommended songs list)

8 Replies

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @aanotniv!

This feature actually already exists!  If you do not like a recommended song, you can simply select the song and delete it from the list—like you would do to delete a song from a playlist.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for answering @ElainaD, but Unfortunately I do not agree with you. 

I've tried deleting recommended song as You suggested, using "Delete" on my keyboard, but I discovered that it is removing the song only from local list. So each time I restart Spotify the deleted song is coming back to recommended list in selected playlist. 

I expect little bit other behavior from such delete. If I deleted some song from recommended list, IMO it should not be visible for me anymore (on any of my devices).  It does not work that way.....

For example, on attached screenshot I have "Awake and Alive" song as a first place of recommended list for current playlist. If I select it, delete it and restart Spotify, then I will see that song again. Moreover, there is no "remove" or "dislike" option visible in right clicked menu.

spotify.png

Any updates with this ?

Hey @aanotniv.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's not possible to like/dislike recommendations indeed. You can only add them to the playlist or ignore them. If your playlist changes, the recommendations should also change.

If you'd like to see a feature where you can prevent certain music from appearing in Spotify playlists and recommendations, feel free to post in the Ideas Exchange.

We hope to see your feature request there soon 🙂

Have a nice day!

Its 2020 and I can't believe this feature still doesn't exist yet.

I like the recommendation feature but there are a few songs I just don't like and borderline hate.

Hey @ColinCee,

Thanks for posting and sharing your feedback.

It seems that other Spotify users also mentioned they'd like to see in the feature introduced to dislike recommendations and posted this idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea and subscribing to it, if you haven't already. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to keep track of what changes our users are interested in and how popular a certain idea is. We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

JUST ADD THE FEATURE I AHTE HEY JULIE BY KYLE AND IF I HAVE TO HEAR IF ONE MORE **bleep**ING TIEM IM GONNA SWITCH TO APPLE MUSIC PEOEPL HAVE WANTES THAI FOR YEARS

I get the same recommended songs all in the same order. If I want new recommended songs I have to refresh about 30 times. It is REALLY awful as the page does not always load correctly and it starts from page 1 all over again. There is no way for me to dislike a song either (despite all of the topics saying I can), which I find especially frustrating. Spotify: FIX THIS, PLEASE!!!!

Suggested posts