Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does there exist a list/directory of all 40 million songs on Spotify? Just curious.

Does there exist a list/directory of all 40 million songs on Spotify? Just curious.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Windows desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

9 Replies

Hello! 

Not that I know of. Maybe try to see if anyone has posted a link to one on YouTube or google? 

Hey @tleep76

Thanks for reaching out on the Community 🙂

What do you mean by a directory? To give us a better idea, could you suggest what you might use this directory for, or how you would expect to use it? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

P

@tleep76 Check the message above 🙂 

Hey @tleep76 if that is something you'd like to see you can always post it in our Idea Exchange 🙂

I would use said directory to simply browse what's available on Spotify. I've been using Spotify for years, and I feel like I've only scratched the surface of what's available, given the amount of music that's supposed to be available. I love going to record stores and browsing through the catalog, one album at a time. I discover a lot of music I've never heard that way. Why can't we do this with Spotify?

Hey @tleep76.

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

I know how you feel: there really is a lot of music on Spotify and it can be quite overwhelming!

However, Spotify does have some pretty cool features for discovering new music:

• Discover Weekly is a playlist that updates every Monday and contains a mix of music which should be similar to your music taste, but usually features artists that you might not have heard of before
  • Release Radar updates every Friday with new music from artists that you have listened to before on Spotify - this is a great way of staying on top of any new music from your favourite artists
  • Spotify-curated playlists can be found under Browse, and are playlists which are made and curated by Spotify staff. You can search by genre and mood, and there is something for everyone here. For example, if I search for "rock", I come across playlists such as Rock Anthems, Rock Party, Soft Rock, etc.

I hope this provides you with a good starting point to discover new music on Spotify without feeling too overwhelmed in the process!

Let us know if you have any other questions. We'll be right here 🙂

Um, well, thanks for the info. I'm aware of all that, though. What I'm desiring, is to have the ability to browse ALL the music on Spotify. I don't need curated playlists. I don't feel overwhelmed at all by the thought of going through all the music on Spotify MYSELF. I would really like that ability. I would like to be able to, say, go into the "Rock" category, then drill down through all the albums just categorized as Rock, then all the subcategories, then the sub-subcategories (and so on). I enjoy thumbing through music! Playlists are great, but there's no way these playlists represent everything the Spotify catalog had to offer. All the subscription services used to have this ability, but for some reason, they have taken it away, in exchange for software that tried to guess what you like. I like a very wide spectrum of music. There's no way a software is going to read my mind well enough to find what I could discover myself, for myself. And I can't be the only person who desires this.

Hey @tleep76.

Thanks for clearing up what you meant for us.

If you feel strongly about this, we recommend that you create an Idea here. That way, your idea can get support from other users who feel the same way about this, and if it garners enough votes, Spotify might consider implementing the feature.

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

So, I submitted my idea, and am looking for votes! If you think it's a good idea, please give me a vote and share. Thanks for your help.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Browse-Browse-Entire-Spotify-Catalog/idi-p...

Suggested posts