Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[Desktop] Desktop app won't play via my usb controller/studio monitors

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceLenovo G580 Laptop, Numark PartyMix, Alesis M1Active 520USB studio monitorsOperating SystemWindows 10(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThe desktop app skips through all the tracks and won't play a ...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Lenovo G580 Laptop, Numark PartyMix, Alesis M1Active 520USB studio monitors Operating System Windows 10 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) &nbs...
  • Soitora
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist image visible in player but blank in search list

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDevicePC/Samsung Note8Operating SystemWindows10/Android My Question or Issue PlayerSearchI recently updated the cover image for my public playlist which seemed to go through fine. On both the windows 10 and android spotify...

SpotifyPlayer.png SpotifySearch.png
  • Casual Listener
  • ...y public playlist which seemed to go through fine. On both the windows 10 and android spotify app, the image shows as it should in the 'player'. However for some reason, when I search for my p...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view my personal playlists

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USADeviceASUS GamerangerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue In the playlists dropdown menu on the left side of the screen. I can see all my freinds/people I follow's playlists but I can't see any of my own. I am al...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  USA Device ASUS Gameranger Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue  In the playlists dropdown menu on the left side of the screen. I can s...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sliders ( Volume , Time ) dont work

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 7 64 My Question or Issue I want to skip to a certain point in the song but the slider doesnt move with left mouse drag . Also clicking doesnt work. Same issue with the Volume. The vol...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Germany Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 7  64    My Question or Issue   I want to skip to a certain point in the song but  t...
  • 62Orka
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

High CPU Usage & Memory Leak

Hi, I'm experincing issues with the Spotify program on Windows 10, it constantly uses around 15-16% CPU usage (enough to make my fans spin up more than idle), regardless of whether the program is maximised, closed (which doesn't actually kill the tas...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm experincing issues with the Spotify program on Windows 10, it constantly uses around 15-16% CPU usage (enough to make my fans spin up more than idle), regardless of whether the program is max...
  • Alex_Community
  • 9 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! TRACK ORGANIZER - Create a playlist in a playlist.... File Explorer Tree

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDeviceWindows 10 LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I would like to be able to organize tracks, like I am used in Windows. So build my own tree. With Genres - Subgenres - Tracks... And I wanted thi...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device Windows 10 Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I would like to be able to organize tracks, like I am used ...
  • Geepstar
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Organizer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I see all my facebook friends in the find friends button?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry AustraliaOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhen I click find friends it doesn't display my friends list anymore like it used to, now it shows literally only 1 friend instead of the 50+ it would normally display. al...

SPOTIFYPLSFIX.jpg
  • Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Australia Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue When I click find friends it doesn't display my friends list anymore like it used to, now it shows li...
  • zazulionking
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Follow

When I search an artist and go to their main page there is nowhere to "follow" them the green button that used to say that just says "play." So do I need to click "save artist to library" in order to follow the artist because that is the only way I k...

• Casual Listener
  •   When I search an artist and go to their main page there is nowhere to "follow" them the green button that used to say that just says "play." So do I need to click "save artist to library" in ...
  • Ryanx0r
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Recover downloaded playlists after formatting laptop

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceSurface Pro4Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI formatted my laptop and when I entered my account, the playlists were all correct, but my playlists that I had downloaded did not appear with the arrow inside...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Surface Pro4 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I formatted my laptop and when I entered my account, the playlists were all cor...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play local files UNLESS they are also on my phone

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play local files on my computer I get the error message "Spotify can'tr play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"Obv...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  Whenever I try to play local files on my computer  I get the error mess...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

does your past activity stay on friends feed if you start a private session?

If you use spotify normally your activity will show up in friends' feeds. If you start a private session does that past activity go away and you disappear from the feed?

• If you use spotify normally your activity will show up in friends' feeds. If you start a private session does that past activity go away and you disappear from the feed?
  • Ryanx0r
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot make music available offline on desktop

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHP Notebook Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor some reason I cannot make music/playlists available for offline use on my desktop app. When I activate the download button nothing happens... I do have a go...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device HP Notebook  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For some reason I cannot make music/playlists available for offline use on my d...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Issues Between Desktop and iPhone

Hello. I have about 50 playlists. When I make them public on my Windows desktop, they go private on my iPhone App, and vice versa. What's up with that? I've tried logging in and out, uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify in both places, deleting and ...

• Casual Listener
  •     Hello.  I have about 50 playlists.  When I make them public on my Windows desktop, they go private on my iPhone App, and vice versa.  What's up with that?  I've t...
  • WJHH
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get online(home page on Spotify)

I am having 2 issues with Spotify, first I get a message saying "Home is not availabale while you are offline" and 2nd issue :there is a message in red (banner)across the top of my Spotify screen on my iphone saying : "Update your payment details ASA...

• I am having 2 issues with Spotify, first I get a message saying "Home is not availabale while you are offline" and 2nd issue :there is a message in red (banner)across the top of my Spotify screen on ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity...again

Hello everyone,I'm experiencing friend activity problems once again.I have 17 followers, and am following 23 people, (nothing to brag about but they're my friends) and only 4 of them are showing up in the "friend activity" bar. I know for a fact that...

• Music Fan
  •     Hello everyone, I'm experiencing friend activity problems once again. I have 17 followers, and am following 23 people, (nothing to brag about but they're my friends) and only 4 of t...
  • CptSherlockWho
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Bottom Recommended Songs Bar is missing? Create similar playlist also empty?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Canada Operating System(iOS 10, Windows 10, etc.) My Question or IssueFor some reason today all my playlist no longer have any recommended songs bar.Creating a "similar playlist" also comes up as empty.I've tried reinstall, no...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  Canada    Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10, etc.)   My Question or Issue For some reason today all my playlist no longer have any recommend...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bottom bar
    recommended
    similar
    similarplaylist
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't play any songs on Desktop, but is fine on iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows 10 laptopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify's worked fine for years, and continues to be okay on my phone. The only issue seems to be on computer. It isn't a network issue, and both the browser ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows 10 laptop Operating System   Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify's worked fine for years, and continues to be okay on my phone. The ...
  • octaviolet
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution problème de lecture

Je suis sous windows 10 désinstaller et réinstaller 3 fois et rien ne change toujours le même message. aidez moi svp je devient fou là.la photo de l'écran est en pièce jointe. merci merci

• Je suis sous windows 10 désinstaller et réinstaller 3 fois et rien ne change toujours le même message. aidez moi svp je devient fou là. la photo de l'écran est en pièce jointe. merci merci
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

URGENT - [Windows 10] firewall or proxy problem, impossible to log in)

PlanFree (for now, want to go to Premium but need to solve my problem first)Country FranceDevice(Lenovo)Operating System(Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hi everyone, So, since today, for the first time in 3 years I use Spotify on my desktop, I had a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free (for now, want to go to Premium but need to solve my problem first) Country  France Device (Lenovo) Operating System (Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Hi everyone...
  • morgann
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows store app shows empty main window again

I've reported exact issue with Dell business laptop. And now same happened with ThinkPad. In short windows app store version inits the program completely wrong, it starts multiple instances to the background etc. Just to let you know, unfortunately I...

• Regular
  • I've reported exact issue with Dell business laptop. And now same happened with ThinkPad.   In short windows app store version inits the program completely wrong, it starts multiple instances ...
  • fakoff
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes