Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Terrible shuffle

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 7, iPad, PCOperating SystemiOS 11, Windows 10 My Question or Issue I have a list of more than thousand songs and still I always get the same songs from the same artists. There are a lot of songs I never heard from the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 7, iPad, PC Operating System iOS 11, Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have a list of more than thousand songs and still I always get ...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue and history lost on upgrade

Hi, still wondering, why after windows desktop client upgrade both queue and history are lost? Quite annoying.

• Regular
  • Hi,   still wondering, why after windows desktop client upgrade both queue and history are lost? Quite annoying.  
  • 2Late1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

daily mix is gone, search & Radio doesnt work

Plan Premium Country Israel Device One plus 2 (where it all works) Operating System Windows 7Several weeks ago my Daily Mixes disapeared.They do not apear in the Windows app but they do appear on my mobile app.On top of that, when i am trying to acti...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Israel  Device One plus 2 (where it all works) Operating System Windows 7 Several weeks ago my Daily Mixes disapeared. They do...
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to Connect to Facebook using Spotify client on Windows 10

My Spotify was previously connected to my Facebook account, but when I tried to disconnect and reconnect, I ran into a problem. The 'Log in to Facebook' window appears in the Alt-Tab and Win-Tab menus, but clicking it does nothing. Additionally, on t...

• Composer
  • My Spotify was previously connected to my Facebook account, but when I tried to disconnect and reconnect, I ran into a problem. The 'Log in to Facebook' window appears in the Alt-Tab and Win-Tab menu...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Desktop
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Staying in Repeat Track mode after Next Track?

Is there a way to keep Spotify on Repeat Track mode even after I use my media hotkeys to go to next song? What I'd like to do is to put my songs library on shuffle play but keep shuffling to the next song (by using the media hotkeys while I'm working...

• Regular
  • Is there a way to keep Spotify on Repeat Track mode even after I use my media hotkeys to go to next song?   What I'd like to do is to put my songs library on shuffle play but keep shuffling to...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Desktop] Page Hanging Issues

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC/DesktopOperating SystemWindows 7Internet Connection Speed130-144Mbps My Question or IssueEvery page hangs after opening; from the dashboard to my playlists to friends pages. After a couple of minutes it seems to get most...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC/Desktop Operating System Windows 7 Internet Connection Speed 130-144Mbps   My Question or Issue Every page hangs after opening; from the dashboard ...
  • BrandonChance
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify client on windows 7 #soud cut after few second#

PlanFreeCountryThailand Device(Computer)Operating System Windows 7 Sp1 up to date.) My Question or IssueI have some troubles after few second of play normaly , the sound cut non stop is impossible to read any song normaly. I try to restart , computer...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Thailand   Device (Computer) Operating System  Windows 7 Sp1 up to date.)   My Question or Issue I have some troubles after few second of play normaly , th...
  • firewall1
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can ı get older version?

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue How can ı go back an another version of spotify? I didn't like the new one (updated 2 weeks ago). There was a music picture on bottom left and it removed. When you left clicked it . it was showing you t...

•   Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue  How can ı go back an another version of spotify? I didn't like the new one (updated 2 weeks ago). There was a music picture on ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Win10 app "Invalid name request", can't launch app

PlanPremium (Family)Country Brazil DevicePCOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or Issue It's the second time now that when Windows starts or I try to launch the spotify Win10 app I get an invalid name error. See attachment for the exact error message,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country  Brazil   Device PC Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue  It's the second time now that when Windows starts or I try to launch t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! quick question

you know when spotify starts playing music similar to the one you selected and then you get to click a thumbs up or thumbs down? i want to know what exactly happens when i click a thumbs down.i know if i click a thumbs up, the music gets added to the...

• Casual Listener
  • you know when spotify starts playing music similar to the one you selected and then you get to click a thumbs up or thumbs down?   i want to know what exactly happens when i click a thumbs dow...
  • sminkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Login Popup

PlanFreeCountry U.S.DeviceMicrosoft SurfaceOperating SystemWindowsMy Question or IssueWhen I try to access spotify on this device, I go to play.spotify.com, right, and then it changes to open.spotify.com/login. When that happens, the spotify logo com...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  U.S. Device Microsoft Surface Operating System Windows My Question or Issue When I try to access spotify on this device, I go to play.spotify.com, right, and then it ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop Overlay does not even work enabled

PlanPremium CountryBrazil Device(Gaming PC) Operating System(Windows 10 Pro.) My Question or Issue Hello, my problem is the Desktop Overlay, i want to know why it does not work, the option is checked but when i tap hotkeys nothing happens.I see strea...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Country Brazil   Device (Gaming PC)   Operating System (Windows 10 Pro.)   My Question or Issue   Hello, my problem is the Desktop Overla...
  • lucasfrezh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Window not resizing

Windows 10, spotify is not responsive to window size change.The right side is cut off here, so i cannot adjust the volume slide, skip to next song, see the activity feed, nor access the second half of the playback bar

SpotifyOops.PNG
  • Regular
  • Windows 10, spotify is not responsive to window size change. The right side is cut off here, so i cannot adjust the volume slide, skip to next song, see the activity feed, nor access the second half...
  • jay096
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify screws with Cover-Images (not solved)

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceLenovo Yoga 700Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, when I load my Local Files onto Spotify, some of the images (the cover images on the songs) randomly dissapear. Is there a reason for this and how do I f...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Lenovo Yoga 700 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, when I load my Local Files onto Spotify, some of the images (the cover i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting playlist gives different results on Android and Desktop

Desktop 1.0.85.259.g4ab01679Android 8.4.63.584 armV7(Premium) Sorting by artist:PC 1. Boney M. - Rasputin (Album: Nightflight to Venus)2. Boney M. - Gotto Go Home (Album: Oceans Of Fantasy) Android1. Boney M. - Gotto Go Home (Album: Oceans Of Fantasy...

• Music Fan
  •   Desktop 1.0.85.259.g4ab01679 Android 8.4.63.584 armV7 (Premium)   Sorting by artist: PC  1. Boney M. - Rasputin (Album: Nightflight to Venus) 2. Boney M. - Gotto Go Home (Alb...
  • Szczepan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't sumbit an idea so I post it here as well.

PlanPremiumCountry Netherlands Operating System(Ubuntu) My Question or IssueThere are no new albums recommended anymore on the app for Android.This makes Spotify unattractive to me.No spot for something like that..? So where can I submit the idea?Jus...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Netherlands   Operating System (Ubuntu)   My Question or Issue There are no new albums recommended anymore on the app for Android. This makes Sp...
  • HenkN
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No Last.fm Option

Has the Last.fm option been removed from spotify desktop on windows? I can connect to my last.fm and the option to login to last.fm seems to be gone

• Has the Last.fm option been removed from spotify desktop on windows?   I can connect to my last.fm and the option to login to last.fm seems to be gone 😞
  • andrepeniche
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify desktop "Hmm friend feed has failed to load"

PlanFreeCountry USDeviceDesktop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So for some stupid reason, Spotify tells me that my friend feed has failed to load on the desktop app, and if I try to refresh it, a 1/1000 of a second later it will tell...

• Plan Free Country  US Device Desktop  Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue  So for some stupid reason, Spotify tells me that my friend feed has faile...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Find people's profiles on spotify

Hello - I used to be able to search a person's name in the search bar on the desktop or mobile app and find people's profiles and view their public playlists. About a month ago lots of profiles seemed to have disappeared and no longer show up in the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello - I used to be able to search a person's name in the search bar on the desktop or mobile app and find people's profiles and view their public playlists. About a month ago  lots of p...
  • v209v-_wzqo1m
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth/USB DAC notifications causing tracks to pause

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceRazerblade laptop/HTC U11 phone/Ear Studio ES100 DACOperating SystemWindows 10/Android Oreo 8.0.0Spotify Version1.0.85.257.g0f8531bdMy Question or Issue I also sent this to Ear Studio's support email address: I have the ES...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Razerblade laptop/HTC U11 phone/Ear Studio ES100 DAC Operating System Windows 10/Android Oreo 8.0.0 Spotify Version 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd My Question or...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes