Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download spotify for windows 7

Download spotify for windows 7

Hi, can anybody help. I'm trying to download spotify on windows 7. I've tried some of the suggestions on this forum (compatibility, using the full setup) but nothing works. Any suggestons?

6 Replies

Hi Kendog,

Have you previously installed it before? If so make sure you go into the program files folder and delete any remaining files you can find. Be sure to run the installer as an administator also.

Hi, no I've never downloaded it before and am new to spotify so there are no existing files to delete. Thanks.

Is there any specific message or error code what appears when opening the installer?

Hi,  when I first tried to install I got error 13 the installer us unable to install spotify because the necessary files could not be created.

Then I changed the compatibility mode to Windows xp and now I get "please install using a normal account instead of an administrator account"

I am set up as the administrator and not sure if I should or could change anything there.

I've tried saving the file.in different places. Installing through chrome instead of explorer. Not sure what else to try.

Thanks for responding.

Hello @Kendog1 sorry to hear that 😕

Try these simple steps:

1. Right Click on the setup.exe > in the compatibility tab uncheck "run this program as an administrator".

2. Right Click on the setup.exe >  Run As Administrator.

If this doesn't work, boot your PC in Safe Mode, then restart and go back to normal mode.

Tell me how it went,

Cheers.

Test

Suggested posts