Step 1

NEXT STEP

Embeds arn't working anymore on different websites

Embeds arn't working anymore on different websites

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

So it literally started a few hours ago. I was on a website who allows you to show embeds of Spotify so you can look at a 30-second long piece of music. However there seems to be a fault in a new update. The embed shows up but you can't press on the play-button not even the logo of Spotify will take you to Spotify's website anymore.  I later on saw that this update also freaked up with Discord since all embeds of Spotify are marked as "not available in your country" sort of... 

I have no idea whats causing this and how to get it back to work. It happend in total on 4 differend websites by now and I'm not sure why this new update is not functioning. It's really just the embeds tho. If I have the songs on Spotify it works, but not when let's say a friend would send you a embed of a Spotify-link on a website 

I hope someone of the developers or whoever made the update sees this and can fix it since I bet I'm not the only one who has that same issue

21 Replies

Not sure whats going on with the new update on Spotify-embeds for websites but I noticed on a few website who allow you to post Spotify-links that the embeds are not working.

The most comon issues are embeds in forums and Discord.

On the forums I have the following issue:

- The new design of an update seems to apear

- You want to click on the play-button to get  30 second sample of a song

-The play-button isn't working and you hear nothing

-You than click on the Spotify-logo cause it normaly would send you to Spotify 

-Nothing happens

On Discord the issue is followed:

-You see someone posted an embed of a song

-The embed just reads "unavailable in your country" 

-It happens on literally all embeds no mather what song it is

Basicly it keeps happening since a few hours and I have no clue whats causing it and how to get the issue gone. I also posted a question in the help on Spotify and wait if anyone of the staff may sees and reacts to it, but I'm unsure how this even happend since it only appeared after I guess they updated how embeds look like. 

Also to note: embeds of entire albums seem to still work on Discord, but not of single songs from an album 

So basicly said, just as example I would like to send "ABBA - Dancing Queen" to a friend in discord, the embed will most likly not work, same would happen if I send it to them on one of the forums that don't seem to get the embed to work anymore. It literally still used to work 1 day before 

Hey @yaquyphdwrto0erjguid 

I've merged your threads together so we can track this issue in one place.

I've been having the same issues with the embeds today. It appears to have happened after the song embeds were updated with a new design earlier today.

This issue is currently being looked into. I will let you know when there are any updates.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've again the same issue. with normal song have no problem. but the podcast, still no loading.

Embeds are now working correctly in Discord for me and some others, perhaps the issue is solved?

Not, it is not working in forums for me @anoniMoose

Hey folks,

Thanks for your reports. As @MattSuda said this was being looked into and we’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! 

If you're still having trouble, let us know and we'll be sure to pass the info.

Thanks!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Elena 

The play button on the links in the websites is still not working. I click it and nothing happens 

@Elena

I tried to load the websites again, in case it was an issue from having them open for so ong but it still changes nothing.

I click on the play button and no sound apears, nothing. It's like as if you took away the purpose of the embeds for me. If I can't hear any sound its useless for me to even see the embeds. Where or how do I make the music apear when I click on the play button when you claim it was fixed?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Sorry if I bother the staff with it. So basicly one of you guys said it would've been fixed, yet me and some other people experienced that the clicking on the play button in the embeds is still not working. No sound apears, nothing. It doesn't depend on on the browser or the device since we seem to have the issues literally everywhere. No mather what forum, no mather what browser. Still nothing works for us. 

I hope it will be fixed soon, cause I have no clue how to get sound comming out of a embed since I'm not an IT-expert

Hey folks,

We understand your frustration when the embeds are not working but as mentioned below the issue was reported to the right teams at Spotify and we got the all clear that it should be fixed!

We see that this is still happening to you and we'll do our best to help you. In order to do that we need you to share some details with us.

@riccardorich_22 Are you logged in the Web Player? What browser you've been using?

@yaquyphdwrto0erjguid Are you also logged in the Web Player? Can you confirm that you're still experiencing this issue? If so, share what browser you've been using.

Any links to the websites where the embeds are not working would also be helpful for our further investigation.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

LyubkaModerator

I happend for me on Google-chrome and Microsofrt Edge aswell as on the app of Discord. A friend of me said she had the same issue trought Mozilla Firefox and even on Safari

Thanks for getting back to us @yaquyphdwrto0erjguid 

It's a good idea to open an incognito window on your PC and try again. 

Can you also let us know if you experience this issue with songs or podcast? 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

LyubkaModerator

So basicly someone posted an embed of a song, you might want to know what song that is so you click on it, but nothing happens. 

I looked at for example at the embeds in Discord and on a forum that I'm using right now, so two completle different websites and regular being logged into the websites brings nothing. Incognito helps, but it's quit useless to only have the function working in the incognito mode tho. It should actually been working no mather how you log yourself into  any type of website. I mean sure some people may preffer incoginito mode but for a quick use of some seconds people often don't want to go into incognito mode and so have only the regular mode on in their browser if you get what I mean.  

As said before, this only happens to songs for me. No idea with podcasts since I never saw an embed for a podcast before

The new embeds look beautiful and work great on most common browsers such as Chrome. However, on more privacy-focused browsers that are also common and becoming increasingly more so, these new embeds visually load but are non-functional. This can be seen on the official documentation page for this functionality at https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/embeds/. It would be a great add for this feature to work across browsers.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 1.27.47 PM.png

It's the next day now and still nothing happend with the embeds. Just wanted to say that before anyone thinks otherwise just cause we have the weekend and I bet the mods are not online right now. I checked it same way as yesterday and nothing changed

next day and still no change

Hey @yaquyphdwrto0erjguid

Thanks for letting us know. 

We suggest that you restart your router > restart your PC and check if the issue still persists. 

If so, would you mind checking if the same happens using a different internet connection and a different device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried it with my phone and on my laptop  and in 2 different browser and on 3 different websites and still nothing changes 

I click on the button and no sound comes out 

Guys I guess the embeds work now (If not I will come back and give feedback). I don't know what to say :3 it works ! 

Suggested posts