Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code : auth 15

Error code : auth 15

Plan

Free

Country

Device

Pc with Windows

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My brother disconnected me from spotify, and now when I try to connect, it says there is a fire wall who can block spotify. I already tried to disable my Fire wall, and it didn't work, what can I do ? 

19 Replies

That’s really strange have you tried restarting your computer?

Yes, I tried at least three time

Do you know how to enable the app to go thru firewall

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE

Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

did u get it to work?

I have a same situation, can you help ? or any solution for this ?

for those who tried everything and it's not working: add the .txt extension to your hosts file in Windows, apparently Spotify can't get to read the hosts file without it having the extension. If it worked, let me know.

I have the same issue too

Hey @abbie_schweppes,

Thanks for the post.

Run us through the troubleshooting you've done so far, so we know what to suggest next and we don't repeat ourselves 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Alex, I tried starting my own topic but for some reason it never posted. I have a MacBook Air 2021 and am currently the holder of a Spotify Family Account. 

So for troubleshooting I have: 

- uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify completely several times (including caches) 

- I checked the firewall on my macOS. I tried logging into Spotify with firewall enabled and not enabled. I made sure spotify was in the list of 'allowed' programs whilst the firewall was enabled 

- I checked my own antivirus software installed on my computer. Tried logging in to Spotify with antivirus software turned on, turned off and I even uninstalled it to see if that changed anything. 

- I opened a new administrator account on my Mac and tried logging in to Spotify through the new account. 

- I created a personal hotspot instead of using the wifi network. 

- I logged into my account on my friend's computer. And I was able to log in completely and play music through his macbook. 

- I tried accessing the web player instead of the desktop app and it just says safari unable to open.

- I tried changing the proxy settings to "no proxy"  

I feel like I've googled every possible solution and found nothing that fits. So I'd really appreciate any more ideas or any possible solution you might be able to come up with! 
Thank you so much Alex for getting back to me. 

Hey @abbie_schweppes,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for all that info.

Those are very good troubleshooting steps that should've helped with this particular case. However, it may seem to be isolated to the particular setup.

Just to confirm, when you logged in to your account on your friend's computer, was it while using the same connection as your own computer?

We understand that you already tried using a hotspot, but could you give it a try using a different WiFi network to see if this behavior persists? Since you're also having trouble accessing the web player, it sounds like it may be an issue with the connection itself.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Carlos 

Yes this is possible it's related to my particular setup, I'm not sure exactly. Yes that is also correct when logging into my Spotify account on his computer it was connected to the same network as I was connected to orignally. 

I got him to also try logging into his account on my computer, connected to the same network. However, he received the same error code 15 on my comuter. 

I'm currently in Sydney and we are in lockdown so I will attempt to find some other wifi signal to connect to but might be slightly challenging, I will report back when I've found another connection. 

Thank you Carlos

Hi there @,abbie_schweppes,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you unplug your router for 5 minutes and then plug it back in to see if the issue persists?

It would also be great if you can double check so that your device don't have any pending updates.

Another useful step to do is to try running Spotify in Safe Mode.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy, 

Wow I feel so special having all the Spotify moderators on my case. Hopefully we'll sort something out! 

So I've done as you suggested Jeremy, I unplugged the wifi router and then reconnected it. There was still no luck on logging into my account. 

I definitely don't have any pending updates. 

I just tried rebooting my mac in safe mode and then logging on. But still no luck unfortunately with logging onto my account.

All the help is much much appreciated!  I really hope we can sort this out

-Abbie

Hi again @abbie_schweppes,

Thank you for getting back in touch We're happy to help 🙂

Can you confirm if you're using any VPN? If so, can you disable it to see if that makes any difference?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Jeremy, No I'm not using any VPN 🙂

Hey @abbie_schweppes,

Thanks for the info 🙂 

Could you share with us when exactly the issue occurred? Was it, for example, after an update?

In case you're visiting another country, you can give these steps a go and change the country. Does that make a difference?

Keep us in the loop.  

Ver Moderator

Hello,

Thank you for all the support I've received and the suggestions given. I have finally managed to get Spotify working on my new device however I'm still unsure what was causing the issue. Hopefully some of the trouble shooting things I tried, listed above may help someone with a similar issue. 

I called Apple and they went through some trouble shooting ideas but were not able to find the issue.

The last two and most drastic measures I took were to try erasing the software on my computer and reinstalling it. This did not work for me. After that failed, I erased everything on my computer and reinstalled the software a second time so the computer was "factory new". 

This solved whatever issue I had. 

Thank you for the support. 

Abbie

Hey @abbie_schweppes,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your apps updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts