Highlighted

Facebook won't connect

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

All Devices

I recently started using an old Spotify account and upgraded to premium, because, long story short, I stopped sharing another user with someone else. I can't seem to connect this old user to Facebook. I've read through pretty much anything I can find on the issue to no avail. When I try to connect to Facebook, via desktop or mobile, the window just disappears on mobile and on desktop it says "sorry we couldn't load friends to follow". On my Facebook, it says that Spotify IS connected. I've tried removing it from Facebook and connecting again, and still, they say on Spotify "couldn't load friends to follow". If I close the app and open it again, Facebook is not connected. But on Facebook, Spotify is connected. And I've checked that they have all permissions to see everything on my profile basically. 

I don't know what to do, I really wanted to have FB connected so I could see friends and have my full name displayed etc. Please help! 🙂

3 Replies
Highlighted

Betreff: Facebook won't connect

Composer

Hey @bluemarauder!

I'm sorry to hear that. Since your Facebook seems to be connected to Spotify, is it possible that your Facebook is connected to a different Spotify account?

Let me know!

Felix

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I thought so as well, which is why I removed Spotify from Facebook the first time. But after that, when I'm in Spotify and try to connect to FB, Spotify does show up in FB as connected. I hope this makes sense. So according to FB, Spotify is connected, and I've done the connecting via my correct user. But in Spotify, it's saying not connected to FB.

So since I'm trying to connect using the right user on Spotify and it shows up on FB, I'm assuming that it works in that direction. But there's no info on FB on what the user is called, only a lengthy Spotify ID number that I can't seem to find in Spotify itself to check if it matches... 

[edit]: I forgot to mention that I also tried logging in via FB the first time, and Spotify said there's no user connected to the account.

Highlighted

Composer

Alright. At this point all I can suggest you is to do a clean reinstall of Spotify, but actually I don't think this will fix the issue.

The error message that showed up saying that there is no user connected to your Facebook account makes me think that it's got to do with it.

I recommend you contacting @SpotifyCares on Twitter, they might be the best option at this point.

Let me know how it goes and if there's anything else I can do for you!

Felix

SUGGESTED POSTS