Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Failed to update description and image, please try again.

Failed to update description and image, please try again.

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

HP ProBook 6560b

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

My Question or Issue

When trying to update either a playlist description or image I get this message:

"Failed to update description and image, please try again."

I get the same message no matter if it's a new playlist or an existing playlist.

Due to this error I have downloaded the lastest Spotify app from the Microsoft Store but the problem continues. Any ideas?

Spotify playlist error.JPG
8 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps hereIf it doesn't work try to use this more advanced guide 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

I have tried all your suggestions but with the same result. I have tried it on 2 different computers with the same result: Editing playlist image or description is not possible. It doesn't matter if it's an existing playlist or a new one. It's the same whether I try to edit the description alone or the image alone.

My setup:

Spotify: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9 (Windows Store version)

Windows: Version 1803 build 17134.191

Additional information:

I don't think the problem is not related to the setup. When using my wife's account I can edit both the description and image. The same goes for my son's account.

I'm the administrator of our family subscribtion and we all use Spotify a lot.

I have almost 500 playlists and more than 300 of them are public.

The public playlists have more than 23000 followers.

My user (only ...) has more than 100 followers.

I hope the information is useful!?

Maybe I have reached some kind of limit?

Hey @McFlyStudio,

Thanks for replying!

Have you already deleted all the Spotify folders as it was shown in the advance guide I sent. Also, try to give it a go from another internet conection.

Could you tell me since when did this issue start?

Thanks again!

Hi Loxer

The issue started appr. 1 week ago. I've been away on holiday and when I opened Spotify on my pc to change a date in a description I received the error shown.

I work as IT administrator so I'm used to be very thorough when trying to solve a problem and I have done exactly as the guide suggested but the issue continues.

I have tried to log on to my account from 3 different computers but the result is the same. 2 computers have Windows 10 Pro and 1 with Windows 10 Home, all 3 with the latest edition/build and same Spotify edition.

But! As I've explained previously, if I log out of my own account and login with either my wifes or sons credentials, there is no issue whatsoever. That's why I think it might be related to my personal account alone!?

Any ideas or good advice will be appreciated 🙂

Best regards

Morten aka McFlyStudio

Problem "solved"!

I have been banned for 2 weeks 😞

Hey @McFlyStudio,

Sorry for the dealy!

Could you please remove all offline devices from your accounts page righ here.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Note: You'll lose all your downloads but you can download them back again 🙂

Thanks for your reply.

I uninstalled everything according to the guide and delete all saved music on my cell phone and pc, restarted my pc, downloaded the lastest Windows app from the store, restarted the pc again and then opened Spotify but ...

Unfortunately it didn't make any difference. I'm still unable to edit image and/or description.

Hey @McFlyStudio,

That must be really annoying!

It feels like we have tried everything but these I can suggest you 2 other things to try.

First is to download the Spotify from their website and not the Windows Store version.

Maybe using this guide here to modify the hosts file might help as well.

Please let me know how that goes 🙂

Suggested posts