Premium

Country

United States

Device

Dell / Surface Book

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I don't know if I've ever been able to use the "see what your friends are playing" or "find friends" feature on Spotify. I click find friends and a popup saying "follow" pops up and it stays stuck on the loading dots and nothing happens. I am connected to my Facebook. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, loging in/out. Nothing has worked. I can use the search and even my facebook friends will pop up in the search. 

I talked to customer support 2 weeks ago and they couldn't fix my issue and said they would email me a solution. That never happened. This has been a long ongoing issue and is very annoying.

Capture.PNG
6 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Find Friends stuck loading

9t45w-_im01v

same with me

2 people liked this

nephilimchrist
Casual Listener

same with me . it is highly annoying. i like to see what my facebook friends who use spotify are listening to.  why can this not be fixed?  we pay a lot of money every month to subscribe to this service!!

1 person liked this

DeadEconomist
Casual Listener

Same with me, I think for the last YEAR. I've logged out and in of all devices. I've removed the App from facebook to have to re log in. That gives it access to my friends list again but the find friends wheel just spins and spins. This has been the case for so long now. I don't understand why it hasn't been fixed. It doesn't work for desktop osx app and find friends fails on my android app.

It seems that this is some facebook communications issue? But my Spotify app was created with my Facebook, so I can't separate the two totally and easily just yet.

PLEASE FIX THIS AS I HAVE NEW MUSIC FRIENDS AND WE'D LIKE TO KEEP TABS ON WHAT WE ARE LISTENING TO. And also because been a broken feature for EVERY version of the software on all platforms for at LEAST a year now, and not fixing it is just **bleep** lazy.

nephilimchrist
Casual Listener

Yes.it is truly a pain in the **bleep**. I used to be able to see over  100 different Facebook friends and their music listening tastes but now only 6

1 person liked this

ejparchment
Regular

Interesting that you're still able to see some. I can't see any of my friends which really sucks. 

1 person liked this

kafkaz

same here. just loading forever.

SUGGESTED POSTS