Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Can't find podcast tab in desktop app

PlanPremiumCountry MoroccoOperating SystemWindows 7 Professional My Question or IssueI used to have access to the podcast tab on my Spotify desktop app, and suddenly it's just disappeared and I need help to restore it. Also, when I use the web player...

Capture123.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Morocco Operating System Windows 7 Professional   My Question or Issue I used to have access to the podcast tab on my Spotify desktop app, and suddenly...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't load anymore after restarting laptop

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceWindows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Windows Spotify failed to open since a Windows update a few weeks ago, I would reinstall Spotify and then it'd launch, but after restarting/switching off computer, S...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Windows Spotify failed to open since a Windows update a few weeks ago, I would ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

[Windows] Weird border around maximized window after latest update

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter the most recent update (as of the date on this post), my desktop client displays a weird border when the window is maximized (see attached photo). There's a wh...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After the most recent update (as of the date on this post), my desktop client displa...
  • ReverendEntity
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Some songs won't play

PlanFree/PremiumCountry FranceOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I've had this problem for a long time now, when I browse the Spotify app and play a song, there's a chance that the song play or won't play at all..In the first case, the s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  France Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I've had this problem for a long time now, when I browse the Spotify app and play a song, ...
  • Sevenv
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Window is completely clear, can't interact with anything

PlanPremiumCountry USA Operating System(Windows 7) My Question or IssueMy window is completely transparent and I can't interact with anything, I can still play songs by hitting the play button under the window in the taskbar but that's about it I can...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA   Operating System (Windows 7)   My Question or Issue My window is completely transparent and I can't interact with anything, I can still pla...
  • dmoney23454
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Win10 Storage Location

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: PCOperating System: Windows 10 I've got a new PC, with a C: Drive SSD, and three 4 GB harddrives. Naturally, I have Zero interest in filling up the SSD with a bunch of unnecessary low priority storage. I was able to i...

• Music Fan
  • Plan:  Premium Country:  USA Device:  PC Operating System:  Windows 10   I've got a new PC, with a C: Drive SSD, and three 4 GB harddrives. Naturally, I h...
  • mr_archer
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • PC Storage
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen japan music

Hello ! Thank you for reading. PlanPremiumCountryFrance DeviceXiaomi MI8 / Asus ROGOperating SystemMIIUI / Windows 10 My Question or IssueI'd like to know why i can't listen japan music on spotify.Some people say that i have to be in japan to listen ...

• Hello ! Thank you for reading.     Plan Premium Country France  Device Xiaomi MI8 / Asus ROG Operating System MIIUI / Windows 10  My Question or Issue I'd like to know...
  • LaMarCab76
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! well all the songs under artist named : amalee are really different than the original...

PlanPremiumCountry IsraelDevice(Samsung Galaxy Operating System( Android 8, ) My Question or Issuewell all the songs under artist named : amalee are really different than the original... the original is on Japanese language and in spotify they on eng...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Israel Device (Samsung Galaxy 😎 Operating System ( Android 8, )   My Question or Issue well all the songs under artist named : amalee are really different t...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio genres disappeared

PlanPremiumCountry U.S.DeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or Issue I opened the app, clicked on "radio," and there were a bunch of genres listed. I clicked on a couple and got radio stations based on those genres. Then I went back to t...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  U.S. Device HP Laptop Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue  I opened the app, clicked on "radio," and there were a bunch of genres lis...
  • vtstang66
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

when song is blocked

I did push one button by acident when there was song what were subgriben for me and then there was info " we'll will not play this for you" .. after that I could't play it anymore. Can I get it back to playing? I really liked and now I can't listen i...

• I did push one button by acident when there was song what were subgriben for me and then there was info " we'll will not play this for you" .. after that I could't play it anymore. Can I get it back ...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify PC can't play songs not that are not saved

Spotify PC can only play songs from playlist and saved songs from my library. Can't play other songs that outside of my library, nothing happen. I have unistall and install back spotify and problem still presists.

• Spotify PC can only play songs from playlist and saved songs from my library. Can't play other songs that outside of my library, nothing happen. I have unistall and install back spotify and problem s...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Songs added by spotify to playlist

PlanStudentCountry USDevicePC, Xiaomi mi mix 2 Operating SystemWindows 10, Android My Question or Issue Spotify will add songs that I search and listen to into my playlist. I didnt add them nor did I tap the more options icon, I just play the song. I...

spotify add.png spotify dumb.png
  • Plan Student Country  US Device PC, Xiaomi mi mix 2  Operating System Windows 10, Android   My Question or Issue  Spotify will add songs that I search and listen to into...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

options for desktop listening when network blocks the app

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 6s, Lenovo ThinkPad)Operating System(iOS 10, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I'm at a new workplace. Spotify is a disabled app by my network provider. Is it possible to stream directly via URL?

• Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 6s, Lenovo ThinkPad) Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I'm at a new workplace. Spotify is a disabled ap...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Turn down the volume of loud ads

Region: LatviaOS: Windows 10App: from Windows StoreAds: MyFitnessCompare, for example, with "Demons in You" of Tarja ( https://open.spotify.com/track/134iTLuATy4HxZTu5SuKJj?si=fOUIYD9OQceegzzts5SqHA ) Normalize volume is on.Listen in headphones.

• Region: Latvia OS: Windows 10 App: from Windows Store Ads: MyFitness Compare, for example, with "Demons in You" of Tarja ( https://open.spotify.com/track/134iTLuATy4HxZTu5SuKJj?si=fOUIYD9OQc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Are Artist/Album/Song Radio Stations Being Phased Out?

Why are personalized Radio Stations being replaced with curated playlists that can't be edited? This is taking away a feature without offering a better solution. Why should I continue to pay for this?PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(Win10 Desktop; Android...

• Music Fan
  • Why are personalized Radio Stations being replaced with curated playlists that can't be edited? This is taking away a feature without offering a better solution. Why should I continue to pay for this...
  • SMuldoon
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify not playing a song.

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceSamsung Series 5 LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have been having an issue with playng songs lately. Whenever I search a song, or a song that is not in my library or playlist, it doesn't want...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  United States Device Samsung Series 5 Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have been having an issue with playng songs lately. When...
  • DannyMoo
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Shadow over artist icon not fully covering icon

Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue The shadow does not fully cover the icon at the bottom of the overlay.

• Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue  The shadow does not fully cover the icon at the bottom of the overlay.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does not properly exit - Have to end task

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 7, Windows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I exit out of Spotify, either by clicking File, Exit or by right mouse clicking the icon on the task bar and exiting out, Spotify does not fully...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 7, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I exit out of Spotify, either by clicking File, Exit or by righ...
  • yahoowizard
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse Returns Blank Screen?

When I click Browse on the top left, and search for an artist in the bar it returns a blank screen. This has been happening for months on my laptop, and recently started on my brand new computer (strangely enough after I added local files?) I've done...

• Regular
  •   When I click Browse on the top left, and search for an artist in the bar it returns a blank screen. This has been happening for months on my laptop, and recently started on my brand new compu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't play or add music on deskptop

DesktopFree userI also use my phone and spotfiy web browser at school Question: Recently after shutting down my computer and listenign to music away from it. After returning to the computer and booting it back up spotfiy refuses to add music or play ...

• Casual Listener
  • Desktop Free user I also use my phone and spotfiy web browser at school   Question: Recently after shutting down my computer and listenign to music away from it. After returning to the compu...
  • BradIsbellJr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes