Premium

Country

US

Device

HP ZBook, Google Pixel

Operating System

Windows 7, Android 9

My Question or Issue

I've noticed glyphs from foreign languages showing up in the names of some tracks. See screenshot. This is happening on Windows 7 desktop client and on my Android. Is this something the album creators did? Or a Spotify issue?

EDIT: It has disappeared from most of the albums. See new screenshot taken 2 months later.

Where I've witnessed this:

Spotify characters.jpg
Spotify 11.21.18.PNG
4 Replies

Hey @icanfathom

Song and album information (metadata) is provided by rightsholders/labels/artists that make that content available on Spotify. Sometimes song names do have some non-latin characters inside them. I can assure you it's not a Spotify glitch. 🙂

For example I know a few artists whose song names (and their own name) consists of some sort of symbols. Artists of vaporwave genre tend to use symbols too.
An example:

spotify:track:5gbF5Ix6RXO8Jeu6UB1cjD:small

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Seriously, did you even read his post??

Do you really believe the Star Wars Soundtrack should have asian characters in the name? How can you suggest this is made on purpose!

I really wonder how you become a "Star"... 

I've had the same issue for a month btw. And on albums that didn't have those characters before.

Me and all of my co-workers are having the same issue, trying to find a solution, its v. annoying... I always feel like the spotify *rockstars* don't read comments, and just post whatever they want because I agree, he obviously didn't read the issue...

I'm having the same issue.  I've noticed it with a lot of Disney tracks like Star Wars and Disney soundtracks.  

Might be a Disney thing?  

Suggested posts