Premium

Country

America

Device

Windows Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Before the update, I could see friend activity just by following them but now it says I have to make a Facebook account in order to do that. Is it possible to remove this feature?

7 Replies

Hi there @anjali_shetty

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Would you mind attaching a screenshot where we can see how your Friend feed looks like? Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor and make sure to exclude any personal information from it.

Also, let us know the Spotify version you're currently running. We'll take a better look.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

here is the attached screenshot

Capture.JPG

Hey @anjali_shetty

Thanks for getting back to us and sending this info. 

Could you let us know if you notice any difference after a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful for clearing any corrupted files from previous installations that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind asking a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device and let us know if they can replicate it? This will help us see if the issue is related to your account. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

tried the clean reinstall, didn't work

i'm assuming this is the result of the november 2020 update because that's when the problem started and lots of other people mentioned having this problem as well. 

my main question was if this could be disabled to prevent me from having to make a facebook and just follow the profile.

Hey there @anjali_shetty,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

You should be able to see the friend activity of the people that you follow without being logged in on Facebook.

Can you log in with another account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

the rest of my family uses apple music and with covid, i can't bring my friends over. i made a second account to see if i could see friend activity by following people and i could so i think it's an issue with my specific account. 

some details about my account that may be helpful: i use premium and listen on my phone (iphone 11 pro) as well as my laptop that runs windows

hope that helps

Hey @anjali_shetty

Thanks for sending us this info. 

There's currently an Ongoing issue about this. We suggest that you head over here and make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts